Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planing to go for my first oil change, any suggestions on the oil.
(brand, syntetic or regular, etc)

thanks

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Nissan recommends 5w30 for all weather conditions. I would probably wait until around 5000 miles before switching to synthetic, to ensure proper breaking in.

Ever since 5000 miles, I've been using Mobil One 5w30. However, I think most synthetics are comparable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eric L. said:
Nissan recommends 5w30 for all weather conditions. I would probably wait until around 5000 miles before switching to synthetic, to ensure proper breaking in.

Ever since 5000 miles, I've been using Mobil One 5w30. However, I think most synthetics are comparable.
Thanks

I am @ 3600 and my mechanic told me the same that systetic is usually used on the third change

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I use Amsoil 0W30 series 2000.
It should be noted that Amsoil has just introduced a new filter line, which they specify for 35000 miles/1 year when used with that oil.
Their claim is far superior filtration to anything else around,

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Synthetic 5w30 since she is 5000miles.

Valvoline synpower (gold bottle) 5w30 5.2quarts with filter change.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I run Mobil 1 synthetic, change every 6000kms and use cheap filters.
I checked with 2 service advisors and one mechanic and they all told me to wait until the third change to go with synthetic. As it happened, they all told me they run synthetic in their personal vehicles too.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Taylormade2 said:
I doubt it makes much of a difference whether you switch to synthetic at 5k or 10k but I usually switch at 10k as well.
I doubt if it makes much difference if you never switch to synthetic as long as you regulary change the oil and filter. The owners manual doesn't specify synthetic oil should be used.

On the other hand, my VW Passat 1.8T now recommends synthetic oil because of the turbo and has extended the engine warranty to 8 years and 100000 miles for any warranty work related to engine problems caused by using regular oil. The owners manual in 1998 didn't specify that synthetic oil should be used.

·
Registered
18 Posts
HuskyFan said:

I doubt if it makes much difference if you never switch to synthetic as long as you regulary change the oil and filter. The owners manual doesn't specify synthetic oil should be used.

I don't think anyone is implying that the owner's manual states you should use synthetic over conventional oil for the Murano.

We're just given our opinions and the fact that many of us use synthetic oil.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts