Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on trading off my Accord and getting a fast car. Which one will look cool when parked next to my MO on the driveway:

1. Infiniti G35

or

2. 2006 BMW 330i

I am sure they both have considerably similar performance. While I have driven a G35, I will have to wait till Spring to try out the new bimmer. I am sure both have close performance and handling.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Wonder why my License plate reads, "G - WIZZ" Grip :D

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hossley said:
I am holding out for the BMW 4 series.

:26:
I'm holding out until I can afford an M6. Yes, I said M*6*.

There's always a CHANCE that I'll hit the MegaBucks jackpot, right?

:)

·
4,601 Posts
Drive them both and if it's a draw, get the Beemer.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
G35--no contest

BMW=Bring Money With you.

Once I saw a 500 series bmw on a used lot. The salesman took me out to see it just because he wanted me to see how much it was worth. It was 2 years old, the rear seat still had plastic from the factory covering it. It was spotless, 36k miles.
He said, "guess".
I said, "25k".
He said, "see that 4 runner over there, same miles, same year, same book value".
He said yep, lost 50% in 2 years, no matter what condition it's in.
I found one '04, 330ci, 15 k miles, for $20k--it's 5 miles from my house.

Sorry folks, besides the name, I don't get the draw.

Now the 760Li I can see, it hauls ass. But it'l run ya $120k.
But not a 300 series.
:confused:
Hey! There's a '03 vette convertable with 20k miles right up the street for $33k---I'd race a 330 every day with that.

snicker.....

·
5,244 Posts
Get G35C..........

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
G35C would actually look terrific alongside Murano but I need a 4 door sedan so it would be easier to show off to 4 other people at the same time, without the headroom or getting in an out being major issues :2:

·
4,601 Posts
How's an old Infiniti hold it's value against an old BMW?

Personally, I love the G, but if I got in both of them and they both made me very happy, then I'd be leaning towards the BMW, due to the name (Infiniti's a marketing name for a Nissan) and my expectation that the BMW would hold it's value better.

But I'm just speculating, I don't actually know!

·
4,994 Posts
Got to look up what I sold my G35 Sedan for and figure it out.

A little complicated as I traded a new Mercedes in on it and got a wad of cash to take home. Think I assume I paid MSRP as I got it the first day they were released. I'll calculate away and let you know. :)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Resale between an Infiniti and a BMW is going to be very close.
Actually most good cars have about the same resale value.
There are exceptuons of course, but most good 35/45K cars hold about 62% of their value after 3 years.

An article on this appears at
http://www.cars.com/go/crp/buyingGuides/articles/2005luxuryResidual.jsp

And this is an excerpt
"Others that hold their value best overall, by far, are curvaceous sporty convertibles and coupes, such as the BMW 330 and Infiniti G35, from established luxury automakers."

The site shows a table of various popular cars in the near and luxury areas.

Choosing a BMW vs a G25 based on resale woould be a mistake, IMO. You are talking almost the same by definition and the real difference would get down to the real cars involved, not a statistical average.

BMWs "feel" different than any other car.
They feel like they have been carved out of a single ingot of steel.
If I was going to make a choice it would be a BMW, I already have a G35 in a sexy SUV body.

Homer

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'd go for the G35 if I had to pick between them. Have you looked at the new Audi? It's pretty sharp also.:cool:

·
4,994 Posts
I drove it. Great car, somewhat tight on headroom surprisingly and for my tastes I was not in love with the grill. Grip.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ohio Murano said:
I'd go for the G35 if I had to pick between them. Have you looked at the new Audi? It's pretty sharp also.:cool:
I have driven Passats and didn't feel much different from other front wheel drive cars except for a bit of taut handling. I am assuming Audis are no different in general. Only Audi I might want to try is the S4.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I seen an Audi A8L the other day and it was super sharp. The only problem is that the base price starts at $69,900 and that is to steep for me. I have never drove one so I don't know about the head room. I still think today I would pick the G35 though. Make sure you let us know when you make your decision.:cool:

·
4,994 Posts
That A8 has lots of Aluminum sheet metal (note spelling) and I worried about the body dents and rework etc.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Audi S4

I sold my 2000 Audi S4 to get my Murano. The S4 is the best handling, fastest sedan you can buy for the money, IMHO.

I agree with the fact that Audi's aren't much different than the Passat, but the Quattro on the Audi makes all the difference. The car almost feels like a go-kart, it handles like it is on rails.

I agree with Grip, the new grilles on the Audi's are ugly, although they do look a little better in person than in photos. I wouldn't hesistate for one second to buy another Audi should my tastes go back in that direction. I think you get much more for your money than with BMW's.

·
4,994 Posts
Lawbroker

I sure agree about the Value for the money. Also your are not stuck with the "Un-intellegent" control Pod of the BMW.

·
Registered
781 Posts
That's a very tough call. I think they are both very nice cars and I don't think you'll be disappointed in either of them.

My personal choice would be the G35 Coupe. If a sedan was required - it'd be the 330. The G35 doesn't have as much appeal to me as a 4 door.

I think they are both incredible cars and both reside on my top 10 list. :)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts