Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grubbs has the low profile Terk, and a mini version, both of which are roof mounted. They also have a different one which they're calling their windshield mount antenna. The upside to this antenna seems like it won't be as concerned with having a ground plane. I would try to stuff that antenna into the compartment behind the 3rd brake light if it would fit. It does not list any dimensions.

Anyone have any of these antennas and can comment?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I guess it depends on your installation. If you plan on doing the hidden hatch installation that it really doesn't matter. Any one of these would fit in the hatch.

Don't hold me to but I thought someone reported that the windshield mount ant wasn't so hot but that might have been a location issue. Take a look at my gallery and you will see the antenna I used in the hatch. Its the stanards OEM antenna. That fit in fine with gronnd plane so I'm sure any of these would too.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I am using a low profile Terk (with my XM-direct tuner) inside the hidden hatch area. I just used a piece of metal (about the size of the cover for the hidden area) for ground plane. You can even use aluminum foil for that!:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts