Nissan Murano Forum banner

Which grade of gasoline do you use for your MO???

• Regular Grade (87)

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Mid-grade (89)

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Premium (91-93)

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • I rarely pay attention and have used diesel by accident before!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're looking into a MO for my wife and she doesn't like that it recommends premium gas.

I know that most performance vehicles with higher compression engines recommend it due to possible predetonation. My car recommends it too so I don't mind at all. I'd like to see how many here use which type of gas.

Thanks!

·
5,268 Posts
I think you need to add one more category: all of the above. I usually use premium, though from time to time (i.e. when prices for premium exceeded $2gal) I used both mid and low grade.

Just get the Murano and be happy!!:D

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I always use Premium.
After all, I just finished my first year with The Gold Rush and I have just a bit over 8,000 miles.
It just doesn't cost me very much on a yearly basis to run Premium.

Homer

And when I run another SUV from a light...............:)

·
5,268 Posts
hfelknor said:
I always use Premium.
After all, I just finished my first year with The Gold Rush and I have just a bit over 8,000 miles.
It just doesn't cost me very much on a yearly basis to run Premium.

Homer

And when I run another SUV from a light...............:)
I too have finished 1st year , a month ago. Put 21k miles........and the powertrain only seems to get better!!!!!!!!!!!

Espetially on premium:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Kris said:
I think you need to add one more category: all of the above. I usually use premium, though from time to time (i.e. when prices for premium exceeded $2gal) I used both mid and low grade.
I follow Kris' line of thinking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My owner's manual says to use 87 octane, but use 91 for trips. In Denver, because of the elevation. the gas goes 85-87-91 octane instead of 87-89-91. The elevation allows you to run a lower octane and I have had no trouble with 85. I will use premium for road trips, especially up in the mountains.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Here in Vegas, I can notice a big difference between the use of 87 and 91 octane. I always use 91 octane....

·
Registered
170 Posts
I use regular and premium (COSTCO doesn't sell the 89 OCT). The car definitely exhibits better acceleration with premium.

·
the rally racing nut
83 Posts
someone wrote into road and track recently with this same question and the answer was that while probably better for your car, going up in octane levels beyond what your car needs are usually cost prohibitive.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The only benefit I see from using premium is the acceleration above 5,000 rpm is noticeable stronger with premium...I guess that is when the anti-knock sensor reduces timing advance, reducing power when burning regular...with a 10 cent price premium per litre($8.20 CAN per tank) that extra performance is pretty pricey...I don't notice any mileage benefit using premium...I comprimise and use midrange....

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've alternating between regular and premium. I noticed a little knocking when I drove up a inclined driveway last week. I wouldn't have noticed it if I didn't have the driver's side window down and with a wall next to me.

Any comments from you tech guys. I thought the MO's computer adjusts for the gas octane in avoiding knocking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts