Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I will post this again since it was lost in the void. I have a Sunlit Copper Murano and have decided to go with Zaino since everyone raves about it. I e-mailed the company about which product was right and of course the answer was the $80+ kit that has everything. I don't need most of the items (Clay bar not needed now). It looks like I need the Z2 polish for sure. So here are my questions:

Can I just use the Z2 polish and nothing else?
Do I need the Z1 or ZFX, and if so why?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've just become a Zaino convert and am really impressed after putting on my first 3 coats last weekend.

As for what products you need, I started out with the minimum to see if I liked it before I forked out all that money. ( I used to just get the $5 can of turtle wax.) You need as a minimum to get the Z1 and Z2 OR ZFX and Z2. The Z1 is the polish primer and should be your first coat before putting on the Z2. You have to wait for the z1 to dry before putting the Z2 on top. Therefore, if you don't want to wait for the Z1 to dry you can use the ZFX instead of the Z1. The zFX cures instantly so there is no need to wait before putting on the Z2.

The rest of the products are for "problems" i.e. paint swirls, contaminants, etc.. If you paint is in good shape, you may not need them.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nachomama, did you use the ZFX or the Z1? If you go the ZFX route do you need to still apply it before you put on the Z2?

·
Registered
487 Posts
After reading Nacho's post, it seems that the ZFX -or- the Z1 are necessary.

If you went ZFX instead of Z1, you would put the ZFX on, then Z2.

If you went with Z1, you would put the Z1 on, wait for that to dry, then put the Z2 on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Your first coat needs to be either the Z1 or the ZFX. Then the rest of the coats are the Z2.

I bought the Z1 since it was cheaper than the ZFX (remember to check how many ounces you are getting) and I didn't mind having to wait for the Z1 to dry. For me with the weather being around 88 degrees and 80% humidity, it took about 3 hours to dry.

The instructions that Zaino provides are pretty detailed. I believe they have these instructions on their website too.

·
'03 SE 2WD Cold Pkg, VDC
143 Posts
I've used Zaino on our Corvette. Zfx is an additive to the Z2. You mix about 4 drops to an ounce of Z2. Read the instructions for the correct dosage. Remember to put it on really, really thin. This is for the best results. With Zfx, it will dry almost immediately and then you can put on another coat right away rather than waiting 3 hours. The more humid it is the longer it takes to dry. You should be able to get 2 - 3 coats from an ounce. If you bought the Z6, spritz some of it on your applicator and then put some Z2 on the applicator to run onto the car. This will help it spread quick and thin.

The more coats the better the shine. This is a great product.

Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts