Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, know that there are a few other whining threads but wanted to know if anyone has had exactly what I have.

I am getting a high pitched whining sound (almost like a squeaking or slipping belt) that I cannot hear when I am moving slow but once I pull out of the drive and start accelerating above 2500 RPMs it presents itself. If I let off the throttle it goes away. This is most prominent in the morning with everything cold.

Ideas I have read here were slipping belts, broken belt tensioners (possibly on the alt), transfer case problems and transmission issues.

Any specific ideas? My guess has to do with the Alternator or associated with it since I do not remember this being a issue before I had my alternator replaced but that could be a coincidence. I plan on taking the mo in for an oil change in a month and having it checked then unless you guys think it may be more serious.

Thanks...

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Whining? My Jeep had an annoying whining noise. Just like yours it came and went. Usually happened in the evening when driving with my ex-girlfriend. Hasn't happened in a while though. It stopped just around the time we split. Hey, come to think about it, maybe it wasn't mechanical, maybe it was... ;)

I suspect your problem may be related to the recent alternator repair. How long ago was it replaced?

-njjoe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts