Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Has anyone had a problem with a whistling noise that comes from the passenger side mirror? We notice it when traveling at highway speeds and its annoying, I can only hear it while the windows are down but since summer is here it sucks.

The stealership says they don't hear the whistle we do, but they hear some kind of whistle(?). They also don't hear the tick coming from the drivers side door, judging by posts on here that seems common. At any rate, I'm going to a new dealer (hopefully without the poor attitude of this dealer) and I was hoping (sort of) that someof you may have this problem as well, and may know how to fix it?

Please help! Thanks!!!

MuranoLvr

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Never heard of that (no pun intended). The only thing that comes to my mind is are you sure that they mirror is extended fully into place? Perhaps if it is not fully extended it might cause a noise while at high speeds.

Are you sure its coming from the mirror? Try having a passenger fold and unfold it while driving and see if that makes any difference.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
I have a whistle from my bug deflector, but my vehicle was very quiet before I put that on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang, thanks for the quick responses. I have folded the mirror in and the noise went away, it is fully extended. I actually bought the windgaurds, hoping they might help (plus the wife wanted them). I took them off when she went to the stealership so they couldn't use it as an excuse, the noise was still there (and they still tried to blame it on the gaurds).

I was thinking about placing some black tape on the front side of the mirror where it folds to see if it helps.

Too bad for me (but good for you) that you haven't had this problem.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have this on both sideview mirrors. I know when I stick my hands over the area where it folds the whistling stops. So I'm not sure if I got if it got it fixed? Was it because it was out all the way?

:yodaddy:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the exact same problem around the passenger mirror. Does anyone have a fix for this? I tried some tape around the points where the hinges move but it did not work. It drives me crazy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had a whistle but it turned out being my nissan hood protector. The dealer did indicate to me that they had also done some work on the mirrors as this was a commom point for wind noise. I believe he did mention that there was a bulletin on the mirrors but I have not been able to find it anywhere on the nissanhelp web site. I will touch base with the dealer over the next few days and confirm if a bulletin exists on this problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, that is good to know. Keep me updated. I have to take it in to fix the drivers seat, it rocks and leans towards the door some. At that time I will bring up the wind noise. It is good to hear that someone has actually fixed this problem.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I spoke with my service manager today regarding the wind noise around the mirror. He indicated that there was a bulletin on this problem but would not give me a copy of it. He did say that bulletin involved removing the mirror, installing a foam seal between the mirror and the door frame and re installing the mirror assembly. He also said that this was a common problem with the murano. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
I think you service manager is pulling your chain with regard to the service bulletin. A search of the NISSANHELP website does not show any bulletins addressing noise caused by the mirrors.

His suggested solution may be effective, but I don't think it is an official bulletin.

-njjoe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the research. As long as it is a common problem that dealers know about it should be an easy fix, plus I am still under warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
pass mirror whistle

Just purchased a used 2005 SL AWD and have the same whistle around the passenger side mirror. I can fold the mirror in and get it to stop. Did anyone every figure out exactly how to fix this issue???

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think if I remember (this was a while back since I posted this) the dealer replaced the mirror. I know it does not make that noise anymore at all. It was a free replacement, I know I did not pay for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, but I found out what it was. There was a small tear in the soft covering underneath the mirror that covers the sensor. I just covered it up with some electrical tape and the sound is gone!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts