Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed an occassional whistling noise coming from the engine on startup. I know if I bring this into the $tealer, I probably won't be able to reproduce it, so am asking for advice.

Has anyone had this issue? Or is this even an issue I should worry about? If it is and you've had this problem. What can I tell the dealer to look for to help identify it in the event that I cannot reproduce it.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Coness-

To help with the diagnosis you need to be more specific. When did you first notice the whistling? Is the whistling RPM-dependent? Does it whistle only during a cold-start or during a hot-start also? Does the whistling eventually cease? After how long? Does it whistle with the A/C on? With the A/C off? With the car in PARK only? etc. etc.

It could be a loose belt, a failing bearing, an air leak in the intake plenum, etc. Or it could be nothing of importance.

The more information you give the $tealer the better his chances are of trouble-shooting it.

Good luck

-njjoe

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
njjoe, thanks for the reply..

Just as an FYI - this typically happens on a cold startup. The only thing that is running is the engine (e.g., no a/c, no fan, no rpm reving, etc.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts