Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know if you guys have ever gotten a speedin ticket in the murano....and if so how fast??

I dont think anyone on here has betten my record lol......105....in a 50! no 1 was on the road tho...

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I don't think its a good idea to encourage people to "break your speeding record."

Wow 105 in a 50. In most states, thats grounds for the cop to take your license away. Yeah I know the MO accelerates so smoothly its sometimes hard to tell your speed (I got nailed for 52 in a 35). Please drive safely out there!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I too agree we shouldn't encourage speeding. It is like anything else, in moderation it isn't to bad but in excess it can be deadly. NismoMurano I know it's exciting to be going that fast and I'm not trying to be down on you but I would hope you were in a place like the desert or limited access highway but if it was in a 50 mph zone I have to wonder. Just be careful!!! :cool:

·
4,664 Posts
One so far, 6 weeks after I got it. There's a road, not too far from home, that's residential but still a main road, with a 50 Km/h speed limit. Part of it is a long steep hill to go under another road, and half way into that, there's an entrance from the other road.

Well I'm going down the hill, someone comes out of the entrance and right next to me, and starts wandering into my lane.

So, really fast, these things happen.

- Think "Oh, no, this idiot's going to hit my beautiful new Murano!"
- Gas it to get out of his way, being used to a conventional automatic
- CVT responds instantly, going down a hill and Murano shoots up to 80 km/h
- Cop on other side with RADAR records my speed.
- Guy in new Murano gets pulled over.

Needless to say, I was P.O.'d, not at the cop, but just at what happened. Took it to court, had it reduced, still worth having that over a collision.

Have I gone fast other times? Yes, on closed roads with no one around, like a long stretch of empty highway, just to see what the Murano would do, but never with other drivers around and never in populated areas.

Propably happens about once every 3 years. Did it once with my Maxima, did it once so far with the Murano.

105 in a 50, OUCH! Better be very good for a while! The speeding ticket's only one part of it, the insurance will nail you if you get another.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Please pardon me for venting a moment. This is why I got a racing license many years ago--it's generally too dangerous to hot rod on the public roads. [nismomurano apparently was in a deserted area, I hope.] Funny, having raced wheel to wheel for several years, and having had a few of the inevitable crashes including one complete car write-off after a violent rollover, I find myself driving a lot slower on the public roads. One gets respect for what can happen, and I feel unprotected without helmet, six-point belts, roll cage, fire system, etc.--even with airbags and standard seat belts. It annoys me to see [frequently very young] drivers going 50mph in residential areas, often while talking on cell phones, etc. They probalby have no appreciation for the possible consequences.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Ohio Murano said:
I too agree we shouldn't encourage speeding. It is like anything else, in moderation it isn't to bad but in excess it can be deadly. NismoMurano I know it's exciting to be going that fast and I'm not trying to be down on you but I would hope you were in a place like the desert or limited access highway but if it was in a 50 mph zone I have to wonder. Just be careful!!! :cool:
Ohio Murano, have you thought about moving to the Bay Area? We would love to have resonable police officers like you. Not that ours are bad, but more of good is better :)

I think the fastest I have done since I got the Murano is 85 mph to keep with traffic and where I live, there is just too much traffic to safely go beyond that. When I was younger though, well.... I don't want to talk about it...:2:

·
4,664 Posts
You got up to 85 in the Bay Area? Traffic must have lightened up lately!!!;)

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
jaak said:
You got up to 85 in the Bay Area? Traffic must have lightened up lately!!!;)
There are stretches of 580 and 680 that will let you do that for a short period of time. It is pretty much a must as many decide to take advantage of the open road while they have a chance! :D

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Just don't speed on I-80 near Vacaville. That place is the worst speedtrap I have ever encountered. The freeway opens up to 5 lanes at that point, and the traffic thins, giving you an opportunity to really speed up. However, the highway patrol there are like hawks, I've seen squads of 3-4 cars parked behind overpasses ready to pull people over.

Going southbound I-80 near Vallejo, there is an uphill stretch that is also heavily patrolled, right before the rest stop. I've had my Maxima up to ~115-120 mph going up the hill and I must say the excitement was not so much in going fast, but more from checking for cops! I would not do that today, since the Vacaville speed trap has grown to encompass that area as well.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I got pulled over for 109 in a 65, but the ticket was written at 105. In my Z

I absolutly dont recommend anyone tryign to top any of those.

Did they arrest you? I was || this close to being busted.

·
Registered
161 Posts
In my younger days, I got a ticket for an "estimated" 120 in a 55 zone. I was being tailgated in the fast lane at about 2am. They guy behind me started giving me the high beams in my rearview mirror. Now I would nomally just pull over but I was cruising by a tractor trailer and then would've pulled over and let the guy behind me go by. So I got mad at the guy flashing me the beam, rolled down my window, flipped him off and floored it (this was in my Z28), watched his lights get smaller and smaller and smaller behind me. I pulled over into the right lane and slowed back down to 65. Well this jerk catches up to me pulls behind me again, and instead of putting on his high beams, this time he turned on the little blue lights on top of his car...needless to say I had to change my underwear after that. Anf after about 5 minutes of screaming at the the Mass state trooper calmed down and gave me a $50 dollar ticket. I guess he could have been much more of a jerk but I figure it wouldn't have looked good for him in either if I took it to court. So I gladly accepted the fine and went home and changed my shorts..

·
4,664 Posts
I had something similar, although not quite as fast and without the hand gestures on 152 from 5 to Gilroy, just south of the Bay Area... All I could think of, was to get the a$$ 0 off my tail, so I gassed it to finish getting around the transport truck. In hindsight it would have been interesting to ask if I could borrow his ticket book to issue a ticket for following too closely.

He told me I'd get a ticket in the mail, which I didn't see. 5 years later, I get the letter, saying they're willing to drop it to $300, as I never appeared and it just kept climbing. I looked at the name and address on the ticket and was astounded it made it to me, as it was messed up. It also explained why I never saw the original...

I'm not too worried about them tracking down:

Mr. Kaosdiugh Gewub7e
23 Teov nieu isdag
Towmwto Tario
Canadah

And even if they found him, he's probably never been to California.

Zebelkhan, I guess my problem was I was usually south or up the other side of the Bay from you... Either business or visiting friends in San Jose or Cupertino. Bud's of mine live down the end of Steven's Creek. Ex HPers like so many of us.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
jaak said:
I had something similar, although not quite as fast and without the hand gestures on 152 from 5 to Gilroy, just south of the Bay Area... All I could think of, was to get the a$$ 0 off my tail, so I gassed it to finish getting around the transport truck. In hindsight it would have been interesting to ask if I could borrow his ticket book to issue a ticket for following too closely.

He told me I'd get a ticket in the mail, which I didn't see. 5 years later, I get the letter, saying they're willing to drop it to $300, as I never appeared and it just kept climbing. I looked at the name and address on the ticket and was astounded it made it to me, as it was messed up. It also explained why I never saw the original...

I'm not too worried about them tracking down:

Mr. Kaosdiugh Gewub7e
23 Teov nieu isdag
Towmwto Tario
Canadah

And even if they found him, he's probably never been to California.

Zebelkhan, I guess my problem was I was usually south or up the other side of the Bay from you... Either business or visiting friends in San Jose or Cupertino. Bud's of mine live down the end of Steven's Creek. Ex HPers like so many of us.

:D Loved the cop's poor handwriting. hehe.... Usually for an out of state (in your case, out of country) ticket, there isn't much penalty in not paying except for not being able to register your vehicle in that state if you ever move there.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
How did they find you after 5 years? Was the letter correctly addressed to you this time?

·
4,664 Posts
zebelkhan said:
How did they find you after 5 years? Was the letter correctly addressed to you this time?
Well that's what blew my mind.... I threw it out, so what I put here isn't what it looked like, but it was similar. It was that badly scrambled, yet one of the many, many, I'm sure, that were sent, actually made it.

It must be 10 years ago, I threw it out...

First reaction was astonishment at how high it had climbed and the deal they were offering. Second thought was, that doesn't look like my name at all!!! Prove it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I haven't gotten a ticket in quite a while. I have been pulled over and I just let them know I work for the RCMP, give them my business card, and I'm on my way. :D

My mother on the other hand, has gotten 2 tickets in the past three weeks diving my dads MO. She says it is too smooth and she doesn't realize how fast she is going. I think she will stick to her Grand Cherokee from now on.

Aaron

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ZBoy said:
I got pulled over for 109 in a 65, but the ticket was written at 105. In my Z

I absolutly dont recommend anyone tryign to top any of those.

Did they arrest you? I was || this close to being busted.

no it was like 1am NOOO one was out on the road....i did have like 3 ppl in the car with me....but he just gave me a ticket a $305 ticket at that lol. but to tell you the truth i was just chillen at 60 the whole way until my brother kept tellin me to floor it, its and open road you pussy for like 10-15 mins lol....so before i took off i looked at him and said will you pay my ticket if i get pulled over......he said yes, i took off, gotta ticket, and he paid for only half lol......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Damm...105 in a 50 will get you collared up here on Long Island...

Whne I was younger the speed thrill was the best..I was aways into drag racing...

But now that I'm a little older, I really enjoy just looking at the scenery as I'm driving or riding my bike...

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
My Mo has passed many a cop while I was 80 in a 55 but they never have given me a second thought.

Back in the day.... (77) I was in a 74 Ford Elite (400M) going I guess 90 or so on the way to the beach in N. Carolina. They had this 12' hedge in the median so I figured it was safe to fly. Along came this gap in the hedge and I saw a station wagon, went "NP" then out from behind it popped this obvious radar gun on the side of a Grand Fury interceptor. I knew I had been passing that hedge for at least a mile....so I floored it. After about 10 minutes of going around 135 I saw his blue lights come over the peak of a hill about a mile behind me, I was impressed! He must have been exceeding 150 to catch me. So I pulled over and waited. Along he comes and pulled in behind me. He gave me a ticket for 72 in a 70---the reason? He said he hadn't had that much fun in a long while.
:D

·
Registered
128 Posts
mgthe3 said:
My Mo has passed many a cop while I was 80 in a 55 but they never have given me a second thought.

Back in the day.... (77) I was in a 74 Ford Elite (400M) going I guess 90 or so on the way to the beach in N. Carolina. They had this 12' hedge in the median so I figured it was safe to fly. Along came this gap in the hedge and I saw a station wagon, went "NP" then out from behind it popped this obvious radar gun on the side of a Grand Fury interceptor. I knew I had been passing that hedge for at least a mile....so I floored it. After about 10 minutes of going around 135 I saw his blue lights come over the peak of a hill about a mile behind me, I was impressed! He must have been exceeding 150 to catch me. So I pulled over and waited. Along he comes and pulled in behind me. He gave me a ticket for 72 in a 70---the reason? He said he hadn't had that much fun in a long while.
:D
Oh man... I am soooo jealous of that...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts