Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey someone who has the factory DVD Entertainment system could you post some pics of it? I am curious exactly how it is mounted onto the center dash and where the DVD player is located. Also give your opinion on how you like the system...does the screen get in the way when it is put down? how is the quality of the materials? etc....

·
Registered
554 Posts
jaycen:

I have it and have been delinquent in responding to other requests for picture posting. My apologies - I will try to get to it soon. To answer some of your other questions regarding the system, the player itself is mounted inside the center console on the side closest to the driver. It does take away a lot of space. The player is protected by a metal frame around it and open at the top. The screen is mounted into the lid of the console and folds back down to lie flat on its back when stored. Because of this, the center console lid will no longer slide forward. The remote for the DVD sits in a recessed area below where the screen folds flat for storage.

I had some problems with my system in that it would not play copied DVD's. It would, however, play originals - even then, it sometimes froze after only an hour or so of operation. The player would not eject the disk or otherwise respond to any commands until the car was turned off (i.e., the player was "unplugged"). I had the dealer service this and they ended up replacing the whole unit. It took the dealer well over four weeks to get a new player. I was told by the dealer that the supplier for the player had to redesign its internals because of complaints from customers. My dealer, in fact, had four of them on back order in addition to mine with customers complaining about similar symptoms. Since the new, redesigned unit was installed, there have been no more problems and it now plays DVD copies.

Again, I'll get pictures as soon as I can get to it. Thanks for the patience.

·
Registered
263 Posts
How much did that puppy cost? Did you think it was worth it?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I remember seeing the price tag for an original Murano DVD player at $1,700. I have a portable DVD player (7 inch screen) that I was thinking to mount on the roof but when I opened it up to invert the screen I did not really feel like messing with the micro wires inside. I am now thinking to install it upright on the back of the center consol, just like the OEM. To use, the screen is flipped up and when it is not, it closes down and is out of the way. Either way, it will not interfere with the consol lid. It is also silver in color so I think it will go well with the aluminum trim. A larger 10 inch screen DVD player with remote (also capable of playing MP3) is around $350 or so at costco. What do you guys/gals think?

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim where is the DVD player at? is it built in to the screen part or is it mounted in a different location?

·
Registered
36 Posts
There is a picture of the accessory entertainment system on the bottom of the page at LEE AUTO The dvd player mounts inside the console and the screen on top.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have seen that Pic, but it does not really show me everything I was curious about. Would like to see a pic of what it looks like when it is folded and such.

·
Registered
96 Posts
For $1599, you would think it would be widescreen.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think it safe to say Jay that if you plan on upgrading your stock system that you might not want to purchase this. If you have a new deck installed that plays DVD's all you would then need to do is just get a screen for the rear. Picture a nice 15" screen mounted on the roof :D

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah Steve, I am just curious about it really.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Zebelkhan I think your idea is pretty good as long as you make it look nice and not just slapped on there.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
jaycen29 said:
Zebelkhan I think your idea is pretty good as long as you make it look nice and not just slapped on there.
Absolutely! I am with you on that. That is why it will be in the "thinking" stage for a bit longer to make sure all areas, i.e. housing, hiden wires, etc. are covered. I aslo like to have it installed in such a way that if I ever decide to remove it, it will look as if it was never there.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
keep us posted

·
My MO's faster than yours
419 Posts
does anyone have problems with the reception of the dvd audio through the radio? I DO! IT SUCKS SO BAD! I guess theres a radio station around here on 88.5 which is the exact freq. my dvd player uses......Anyone know if theres anyway to change the station the modulator uses? help me please!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Box is yours the factory DVD System? If so can you post some pics of it when you get a chance?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, post pics of your Z exhaust tips too. What are Y pipes? :confused: Sorry not very mechanically knowledgeable.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts