Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I have posted before I have decided that financially I need to lease right now. I was wondering how well people did deal wise while leasing? Once I get rid of this '98 Explorer I will have a beautiful Murano coming home with me!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
We leased our '03 Murano. I am a firm believer in leases. I don't know how to work on cars, and like the fact that my wife and I will have a new vehicle ever 3 to 4 years. There we some very good rates for leasing an '03 instead of an '04, so we made out very well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer had both an '03 and an '04 and he said the leases would be the same. I doubted that, and now hearing from you I am sure I could get a better deal on the '03. Would you mind emailing me at [email protected] or if you have aol instant messenger IMing me at bonk58? I would love to talk to you a little more about your deal if you don't mind. Thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Your lease should be based on your final sale price, not what year your car is.

I know some people who are paying more for an 03 lease than for an 04 lease. with the same amounts down and the same interest rate. They just didnt get as good of a deal as the person who bought the 04.

Just make sure when you lease, you get the correct one for your driving habits. if you think you will drive more than 12,000 a year, get yourself into a 15,000 or more lease, you will pay more each month, but less than if you had to pay it at the end :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know what their monthly payments are? I want to find out if I am in the right range? Thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
depends on a lot of variables:

Final Price of vehicle

Your Credit

Down Payment

Term of lease

Interest Rate

Residual value

Do you have any of this information?

·
Registered
149 Posts
here is a lease and finance calculator that will give you a side by side comparison of the deals:

http://www.autosite.com/new/loanlse/calc.asp

But make sure you get the actual values of the variables that apply to the vehicle you want to buy.

if there is a difference in the residual or the interest rate, you can change your payment by $50-$100 a month. so be careful :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Final Price of vehicle: 30,400

Your Credit: Excllent, don't know the exact rating.

Down Payment: $1,500

Term of lease: 48 months

Interest Rate: Don't know

Residual value: How do I calculate this?

·
Registered
149 Posts
the interest and residual are the most important :)

You get the interest from the financial institute you get the loan from as well as the residual. If you are using Nissan for your lease finance, I would call them and ask them what rates they have on the Murano and what the residual is on it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Residual value for 04 was higher than o3 hence the better lease rates same vehicle had a aprox 1k dif in residual between the years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts