Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone have idea as to who runs this site ? Is is sponspored by car manufacturers or someone else. Looking at the professionalism that has been in-corporated in developing these forums (including hondapilot etc) , it would seem that lots of money has been spent to get the site up and running and also lots of money to maintain it. I wonder who pays for this ?

I have a guess that car manufacturers would be sponsoring these sites so that they have direct customer feedback. I am fine with that.

Regards,

pkhona

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
To answer you question, this site and my other sites (acuramdx.org and hondapilot.org) have been built from scratch by yours trully. I'm a professional software engineer, so I do this stuff for living (and fun :cool: ) . The forums software is commercial (vbulletin.com) The car manufacturers have nothing to do with any of these sites. As for sponsorship, right now this site is sponsored by me. The ads that you see are "good will" ads. Starting from the left, my current client, my father's site, the city I live in, my other sites.

Other sponsors are welcome :)

·
Registered
777 Posts
admin - I must say "GOOD JOB" on this site and that I regularly visit your 2 other sites. :)

I noticed the MDX site was doing contributions? What were those for?

& I have to ask if you will also be starting up an FX site? :confused:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Admin,

Excellent job that you have undertaken. In fact you should contact car manufacturers and have them sponsor these sites :D . They would gladly do that as it gives them direct feedback. Also ever thought of starting a paid only area in the site , whereby you can put other paid info. such as TSBs , etc. I would gladly sign up for that service :p

pkhona

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Re: MDX contributions
Those a basically donations to me so I can go out and get a dedicated server for the board. Since this runs about $100 a month, I needed some $$ help from the members.

Re: FX Site.
I'll do it if you think people will come

Re: Paid area
Since it's you, the members, that provide all the info, why would I want to charge you. Don't <b>I</b> have to pay <b>you</b>
:2:

All sections of the site will stay free.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
admin said:
Re: MDX contributions
Those a basically donations to me so I can go out and get a dedicated server for the board. Since this runs about $100 a month, I needed some $$ help from the members.

Re: FX Site.
I'll do it if you think people will come

Re: Paid area
Since it's you, the members, that provide all the info, why would I want to charge you. Don't <b>I</b> have to pay <b>you</b>
:2:

All sections of the site will stay free.

touche admin........

and you're 100% correct, pay areas suck , i agree... (tried it and didnt like it awhile back)

hosting gets spensive, ........ i only take donations (unsolicited) from those that feel compelled for my site.....

true, this is a site of the members, for the members........

i would be happy to chip a few $$ toward maintenance here.... (decals are a great way too give a lil something too...)

-S

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi,

Paid area - true are hard to maintain, have lots of issues to take care of(legal , taxation etc). However I think, you definately should charge some $$ for running the site. If you are uncomfortable with that, unsolicited donations are fine towards the maintainence of the server. I am sure everyone would love to see this site migrating to the new server that you have been thinking.

-pkhona

1 - 11 of 11 Posts