Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go to the nissan/infiniti site and check out the article about the SEMA show.

http://www.nissannews.com/

Now it's not exactly featured but...........

Custom Shop Murano
The Custom Shop Murano features paint by Dupont, KMC wheels with Toyo tires, Eibach springs, Automax dash kit, Firestone load leveling, Nitrous Works nitrous system and Toucan lights.

WHOA!
I have no interest in Nitrous Systems, but to even think that somebody would do it and apparently the tranny is still in it?
More research needed here.

Eibach springs.........hmmmnn. Is this the pimp crowd lowering the thing, or is it some progessive springs for better handling?

Load leveling? Hmmmnnn can't imagine the need with the restricted cargo and towing weights........

Anyway, it's a little something..............

Homer

need to get on this SEMA show and find some pix..........

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
Re: While that explains it.

Chancie23 said:
Well that explains what happened to the two tone Quest I saw running around the parking lot here a few months ago. That's it or one painted just like it. I still think it looks like a giant skunk. What really burns me is that Nissan Corporate has all these specialty shops build all these really cool vehicles, but do you think the Nissan accessory group will get to do anything that cool? Heck no. We'd love to spend our time building such customized vehicles, but nope, we're stuck answering to the corporate powers that be who think those type of cars would not be profitable enough. Now if you guys who buy our vehicles can kick up enough dust and complain loudly enough, maybe we'll get to do something a little more interesting then floor mats and wheel locks!

HERE HERE!!!

i am thoroughly disgusted with the aftermarket (LACK OF) for the murano....

it pathetic......... floormats and bumper cover slabs are NOT aftermarket accessories or upgrades........

intakes, ram air, cams, piston kits, mass air sensors, different (or alterable) fuel/ignition maps, ............maybe some headers, springs, shocks, struts, satb. bars,........

i could go on, but whats the point........ i get the "its a new car" reply too often as it is; in fact, the motor is anything but new; jus a transverse application thereof.....

maybe someone can make a 90° bend then, so we can at least rob the infiniti treasure chest.......

whew...... i feel better already; but still stock....

S

ps- i too want eibach springs; WITHOUT the drop though (perf. upgrade thru better coils ((progressive i think))

·
Registered
145 Posts
I almost got excited. Well the good news is the fun stuff might be coming soon. I too want the springs and suspension upgrades. I also want to my 250 hp closer to the FX and I want it to sound and breath better. any industrial spies on our group? Who can get into the show and bring us back info?:eek:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey Chancie23

rugiles makes a good point -- any rumbling around your place about potential exhaust upgrades coming into focus?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Hmmm Eibach springs and "load levelers" eh? I wonder what the latter is.

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
Eric L. said:
Hmmm Eibach springs and "load levelers" eh? I wonder what the latter is.

THE mo as featured on the niss site is actually a friend of a friend's...... (my assistant admin. is the huy who knows the MO owner)

i think the levelers are for the adj suspension (height)....

will get mo info on it........

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
esemes said:

THE mo as featured on the niss site is actually a friend of a friend's...... (my assistant admin. is the huy who knows the MO owner)

i think the levelers are for the adj suspension (height)....

will get mo info on it........
Please do! Actually all I could really want for the MO would be some adjustable struts like KYB AGX.

·
4,601 Posts
I look at that yellow and white Murano and I can't help but think someone's growing Hemp out the back of the Nissan facilities here in North America....

OK, boys, you had your fun, now get back to work!:p

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I still don't believe that Nissan itself will offer Engine performance parts.
There is the little item know as the CVT.
Now maybe after further development/more history, but not right now, IMO.

FWIW NISMO is not Nissan.

Homer

·
Registered
487 Posts
Heh, this is why I suggested a manual MO about a month ago. They sell the manual (non-CVT, standard auto tranny) MO in central america... it would be the best platform to mod, since it is most like Any Other Car and there'd be no fears of busting the CVT.

And jaak, they're not growing mary jane, they're growing RICE. Those pics scream RICE RICE RICER! AHhHH!

I have no problem with tastefully tuning your MO, but that yellow paint, and decals... ugh. The wheels weren't bad but could have been so much better. Was that a scoop on the hood?

I'd much rather have a MO with all mods being subtle. New wheels, but everything else should be nicely concealed. That's the best way to surprise someone, when tons of power comes from a seemingly regular ol' MO... ;)

·
4,601 Posts
I'm not talking about modifications, I'm talking about the lovely (NOT) paint scheme....:16:

·
Registered
828 Posts
No one willing to try the Crawford plenum update?
Seems to perform magic on the FX board. And they DO offer it for the Murano.
I asked them. Too pricey for me (now).

http://www.crawfordzcar.com

·
Registered
717 Posts
Where'd you see that it was offered for the Murano? I don't see it on the site? Not that I could do without the Murano for 10 days............ but, well maybe!

·
Registered
828 Posts
I emailed them:

his reply:

Yes

Doug
Crawford Z Car
615-327-4159

My email:

Crawford Performance Upper - Polished Plenum

Available for the Nissan Murano?