Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyones MO drive straight when on the highway at about >55 mph? When i'm on the highway driving at a decent speed my car will pull to the left. ALWAYS. I've had it checked out numerous times and they still can't get it fixed.

I've noticed that it was like this pretty much since I bought the car back in august.

The amount of pull is slight but does take me off the road in about 3-4 seconds.

Does anyones mo have the same problem? Or does anyone's NOT have this problem?

·
Registered
842 Posts
pk7683 said:
Does anyones MO drive straight when on the highway at about >55 mph? When i'm on the highway driving at a decent speed my car will pull to the left. ALWAYS. I've had it checked out numerous times and they still can't get it fixed.

I've noticed that it was like this pretty much since I bought the car back in august.

The amount of pull is slight but does take me off the road in about 3-4 seconds.

Does anyones mo have the same problem? Or does anyone's NOT have this problem?
PK
Had the problem once but a good 4-wheel alignment cured the problem. Any good alignment tech will tell you that when they align the tires that they always align them that they have a very slight pull to the right, this is done so that (and God prohibit) you fall asleep while driving the car. The car will go off the road to the right instead into traffic on the left.

Let us know what you found

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah that makes sense in a safety aspect, but mine pulls me to the left into oncoming traffic!! i'm guessing the nissan dealer guys are just incapable of fixing it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
pk7683 said:
yeah that makes sense in a safety aspect, but mine pulls me to the left into oncoming traffic!! i'm guessing the nissan dealer guys are just incapable of fixing it.
The last place I would take my car for a wheel alignment is the car dealer. The tire manufacturers specially train their techs to do nothing but wheel alignments and any thing that will effect it ( struts , shocks etc...) They are tire experts, If they find something wrong you can then take that info to the dealer (if it is warranty related) and then they can figure it out. I personally do not believe that dealerships invest in the equipment that give a excellent 4-wheel alignment. For what every reason I have had nothing but good luck in dealing with GDY tire shops so I would make it my first recommendation. Good Luck. :5: :5:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
pk7683 said:
i'm guessing the nissan dealer guys are just incapable of fixing it.
Duhhh!

Take the MO to a "specialized wheel and tire" shop. Even goodyear shops are better than dealers in this department (most send them out anyways). FYI, I have been very lucky. Almost 40k miles and no pulls or bad tire wear (only very little feathering)....:)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Perfect alignment since I have owned the car. 28K on it now.
All tires wearing perfectly even (Rotate every 7K).

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
A good alignment shop will know specific settings for your driving conditions. A lot of highways are crowned such that water will run off to the right side, and as such, are slightly canted to the right (requiring you to hold the wheel slightly left).

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
I must be one of the lucky few.
My car tracks straight and true!
Traveling the hiways as if on rails,
Car so quiet I feel powered by sails!

...forum poetry... :2:

-njjoe

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
My 03 is still driving striaght... with even tire wear. I rotate tires every 10K miles. Once you find a shop that resolves this use them for future work.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I have even tire wear but it does tend to want to go left a little...according to which lane I am in (which side of the road's crown I'm on).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
See i told them I wanted to bring it to another place that speciallizes in alignment and they said you must bring it to an authorized nissan dealer. I'm goign to bring it to another place and have them fix it and bring the bill to the nissan dealer.

I was more trying to keep it at the nissan dealer so that i can have all the maintenance logged by them so if in case of a lemon law case I can say I only used nissan dealers.

·
Registered
842 Posts
pk7683 said:
See i told them I wanted to bring it to another place that speciallizes in alignment and they said you must bring it to an authorized nissan dealer. I'm goign to bring it to another place and have them fix it and bring the bill to the nissan dealer.

I was more trying to keep it at the nissan dealer so that i can have all the maintenance logged by them so if in case of a lemon law case I can say I only used nissan dealers.
I think your dealer and possibly the service tech is pushing that comment so that they keep there business up. I have looked into the owners manual and nowhere does it state that you have to bring to the dealership to have work done, it of course recommends it.

I think the service dept at the dealership is blowing smoke to you

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
"I must be one of the lucky few.
My car tracks straight and true!"

I sure hope you are not one of "the lucky few". My MO has 35000 miles, never aligned, and no problems!

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
I've certainly had periods of time where it tracked dead straight. Of course, work frequently takes me into Manhattan, and slamming a couple of potholes takes care of that. As I've recently mentioned, my front left tire strangely wore significantly faster than the other three tires. There are probably top 10 hits I can remember that contributed to pulling the wheel out of alignment. That, and the fact that the cold air was causing one tire to deflate enough to cause flat tire warnings throughout the winters all contributed to the tire wearing.

Now, the pull is so bad that even at 25mph, I have just a few seconds before the car is pointing at a 45 degree angle towards the far left curb. It makes me glad that I bought the lifetime balancing and rotation with the new set of Yokos expected to arrive tomorrow. Of course, I have to go into the city tomorrrow night, so I think I'm going to have them sit on the tires for a day (assuming they arrive on time).

So, in short, yes, I've had long periods of beautifully straight tracking, but no, I haven't had that for quite some time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts