Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting 20's for my Murano but there is not a huge price difference between them and 22's so I am thinking of getting 22's but I am curious of two things, the first being what size tires are the best and secondly, who has 22's and how is the ride? I do not want to sacrifice ride, I had a chevy avalance with 23's and it did not ride well at all, it rode like a dream with 22's though. How is the Murano on 22's?

·
Registered
421 Posts
The ride quality with 22" wheels is fine. Don't waste your time buying 20" wheels because all you'll be thinking of is buying 22" wheels. Trust me.

Tire options:
285/35/22
265/40/22

I would go with 285/35/22 if your wheel is wide enough. That's what I have and the width makes a difference with handling.

Info on 22" wheels from FreshAlloy.com (click here) Read the entire thread.

N2MURANOS

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wheels

Really? you suggest a 35 series over a 40 series because of the width? i do live in ohio, the streets here kill 50 series tires, its rough. i always prefer a higher tire but i will definitely take your advice and look into it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Remember it's a percentage of the width. So if you were to run a 265mm 40% =106mm it's near 285mm 35% =99.75mm.

Tire Size Calculator Awesome site BTW

Sidewall Height difference:

(40 series) 4.17" vs. (35 series) 3.92" = 1/4" difference in height.

If that 1/4" makes you feel safer, go for the 40 series. I'd worry more about the width of the tire so you're wheels have a little bit more support and cushion from the curb.

·
Registered
470 Posts
N2MURANOS said:
The ride quality with 22" wheels is fine. Don't waste your time buying 20" wheels because all you'll be thinking of is buying 22" wheels. Trust me.
I think the 20 inch wheels shown in the gallery look way better on the Murano than the 22 inch. I seen the 20 inch wheels in the gallery before and always thought they were among the best looking of the aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My opinion is that the stock 18s look the best. Also, increasing the rim diameter often mandates thinner tires; if the wheel diameter is allowed to increase too much, the radial load on the axles increases and so do the wear, tear and risk of a breakdown/accident.

I do dig the body kit shown in that freshalloy post however:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
question for N2MURANOS

Do you have any problems with your 22 inch wheels rubbing the inside of your fender well when you turn. How wide are your wheels? 22 X ??. I will be getting these wheels but I want them in the 22 X 9.5. I am worried they will rub though.

Dirty Dog

·
Registered
421 Posts
Re: question for N2MURANOS

tmoore_25 said:
Do you have any problems with your 22 inch wheels rubbing the inside of your fender well when you turn. How wide are your wheels? 22 X ??. I will be getting these wheels but I want them in the 22 X 9.5. I am worried they will rub though.

22"x9" +35 offset with no problems.

I would just contact MHT or whatever wheel maker you choose. They know what will fit and what won't. It has alot to do with the offset of the wheel.

Also, before you set your heart on a set wheels, make sure the wheels come in the 5x114.3 bolt pattern. Alot of these wheel companies are just riding this "Bling" trend and mainly targeting the "higher end luxury cars and SUVs" I would also ask about the weight of the wheels. A lot of these flashy wheels are very heavy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
N2MURANOS said:

Tire options:
285/35/22
265/40/22

I would go with 285/35/22 if your wheel is wide enough. That's what I have and the width makes a difference with handling.

Info on 22" wheels from FreshAlloy.com (click here) Read the entire thread.

N2MURANOS
So you are rolling with 285/35/22 , on your ride , if so it looks good and I'll put the same

·
Registered
170 Posts
I went with the 265/40's when i picked up my 22's. If i could do it again, I would go with the 285/35's like N2, The width looks better to me. Either way, great ride, mean look!! Go for the 22's!

·
Registered
57 Posts
bigjohn said:
I went with the 265/40's when i picked up my 22's. If i could do it again, I would go with the 285/35's like N2, The width looks better to me. Either way, great ride, mean look!! Go for the 22's!
Did you lower yours if so what brand of springs or method , Im new to this as you can tell , I need all the help I can get thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
SUPERDAVE said:

what kind of stepbars are on your ride , where did you pick them up ?

They are MANIK TUBE STEPS, made for the MO.

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Availability of 22" Wheels & Tyres

You guys in California are lucky bunch to be close to the highest supplies of 22" or bigger wheels and tyres!

It was a real ***** or me to locate a set of 22" wheels for my soon to be delivered Mo.

I know that due to cost factor...most affordable 22" are either manufactured in Taiwan, China, Thailand...

Most web based retailers are situated in US....so it does not make sense for me to pay huge freight cost to buy and ship them from US to where I am situated.

Hummm.....I'm still trying to get my wheels directly from manufacturing sources....zzzzz.

·
Registered
123 Posts
well heres my murano on 22s i have nitto 265/40 the ride is whatever but once i put the lowering springs the ride is completely horrible i feeel everysingle crack but for me the look is more worth it

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just got my 22's on... thanks to N2Muranos for all the previous posts and advice. Here are some pics - I don't feel the need to close the fender gap any more so I won't be lowering it. I need some ride comfort after all... ;)

I just love the way the body "filled out" with the wider tires.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts