Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Is there another Nissan dealership in your area? Or maybe an Infinity dealer (if they'll talk to you)?

Call up a different dealer, tell them that your frustrated with the service that you're getting at XXXX dealer, and ask them if they can get your radio in any faster. They might jump on the opportunity to steal your business away from the other dealer.

Has anyone had any luck talking to Infinity dealerships? Will they give you the time of day if you're just a lowly Nissan owner? I know that I've had luck talking to Acura dealerships as opposed to Honda, but only for certain issues.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have to agree with you about some Nissan dealers. Even though I've only had my MO for two weeks now, so far, my MO has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. Unfortunately, the dealership I used has been the WORST dealership that I've ever dealt with and they just don't seem to care. When I need service, I'll be bringing my MO to another dealership and hoping to be treated better.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The dealer I bought my MO from, has been a Nissan dealer since it was Datsun. The salesguy, has worked there since the first day they opened the door. I walked in with an internet lease "deal", that he couldn't get out of, and I bought the car. I've been told NOT to take my vehicle back there, for service, and I have no reason to go back. Why did I buy there? www.nissanusa.com told me the exact MO I wanted, was there...so I went and bought it. Dealers are a necessary evil...but evil, none-the-less.

Oh, yeah, dealer vehicle service? I wouldn't go to a Nissan, or any other dealer's servicing, if they didn't have the manufacturer "gold star" designation, minimum. On my Lesabre, I had to replace the brake rotors at 16k miles...simply because they told me at the dealership that they couldn't turn them. I had no recorse, and, I even tried to complain to Buick...to no avail.

Regards,

Big

·
4,601 Posts
Even at the same dealer you can work with different people that will give you a totally different experience. The dealer is only as good as who happens to be in that day, combined with the general management of the place.

They're there to make money. Some do it the immediate way, others invest in the relationship to make you want to come back. I'll pay more for good service. Not everyone does.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Jaak - you are certainly on to something with people paying extra for customer service.

I think overall customer service is lacking. It isn't just in Nissan dealerships. It is most places.

There are times I get GREAT service that I am astonished. This shouldn't be the case. That should be the norm. It is your JOB.

I should be surprised when I get poor service.

It's the little things too - like if you say you're going to call me - call me. Easy.

When I was working with HP we had to go to a customer service class. It was fun actually. There were some people in my class that had looks of amazement at some of the topics - which just seemed like common sense to me.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I find part of this hard to believe, yet believable...if that makes sense. My girlfriends brother is the service manager for Nissan and says that they are by far the worst in the industry when it comes to parts and warranty work. He says they are like 10 years behind GM in this regard, so I can understand the lack of parts. He was saying how at one time they were offering the front nudge bar as part of the sales, but Nissan couldn't keep up with the demand. I have been furtunate to know him because he has treated me really good. Why I find this hard to believe is that dealships will practically sell their mothers for them to get a good customer rating. If they do not receive excellent on their customer survey they risk be closed (I'm actually not sure what happens). All I know is boy do they make sure I fill that out and make sure I put excellent. With this knowledge I wonder how this Nissan dealship is staying in business by treating you this way??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nissan dealers are indeed horrible.

When I had my alternator replaced, I asked them to fix my breakes because they squeak in when I'm backing up.

They wanted to charge me $50 and said nothing was wrong with them. I showed them the TSB and they still couldn't fix them because their "vehicle assist" program was down. They said they would call back once the system was up and running again. They never called back.

Five weeks later, I got a call asking me to fill out the service questionnaire as excellent. I told them I still needed to get my brakes fixed.

Took the Mo in monday and told them not to wash the car.

They ended up spraying my polished wheels with some acidic crap that turned them into a murky mess. It's still at the shop as we speak. They said they paid $600 bucks for a local shop to repolish them. When I looked at them it looked more like $60. We'll see how they look when I get it back tomorrow.

I definitely know what kind of service rating to give them! A bunch of idiots I tell you.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yeah - they always 'warn' us - if we can't give them an excellent rating should we get a survey to let them know. You already knew my concerns.

Nah - I'd rather let Nissan NA know that you are screwing us. We've given our dealership a few opportunities to make it right and they still continue to treat us poorly and not fix the problems.

We did however find a good dealership a bit further away. At least the first time we went they were good. We'll see what happens next time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My experience with Boardwalk Nissan and Serramonte Nissan is pretty good. They did whatever I request for warranty job. They can't fix the window rattle based on the TSB but at least they did it.

Daland Nissan and Stanford Nissan (out of business) sucks though. They keep saying no problem.

However, maintenance price is crazy.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I've had the runaround from the dealer regarding fixes and parts they said they were going to order as well. When my alternator failed last year I had them also look at my rocking chair drivers seat and the tickity tack windows. They said they ordered a seat rail and "special grease" for the window guides. Of course, they never arrived. I've since been too busy to bring my car in (its been almost a year) and Nissan never sent me a satisfaction survey for that warranty incident.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Eric L. said:
I've had the runaround from the dealer regarding fixes and parts they said they were going to order as well. When my alternator failed last year I had them also look at my rocking chair drivers seat and the tickity tack windows. They said they ordered a seat rail and "special grease" for the window guides. Of course, they never arrived. I've since been too busy to bring my car in (its been almost a year) and Nissan never sent me a satisfaction survey for that warranty incident.
You and I must have visited the same exact dealership for the same exact issues. My seat rail and grease have not arrived either after more than three weeks....

A bit off topic but do Nissan people get paid less than other dealerships? I bet not so why are most (not all) so inferior? Whey don't they try to take good care of their customers?

My wife's BENZ cost less than the Murano out the door but they treat me like a king when I contact them. They so want my business that they have asked me to drop off my car there once a week for a free hand wash...just to make sure I don't forget them and their service.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
zebelkhan said:

You and I must have visited the same exact dealership for the same exact issues. My seat rail and grease have not arrived either after more than three weeks....

A bit off topic but do Nissan people get paid less than other dealerships? I bet not so why are most (not all) so inferior? Whey don't they try to take good care of their customers?

My wife's BENZ cost less than the Murano out the door but they treat me like a king when I contact them. They so want my business that they have asked me to drop off my car there once a week for a free hand wash...just to make sure I don't forget them and their service.
Probably different places, but I am not surprised. All Nissan $tealerships are clueless when it comes to customer service.

Fortunately my car has been fairly reliable so no need to visit the dealership often.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Pretty simple really:

They don't care about their work.

From the guys in white shirts that hang out in front of dealerships like sharks circling a dying whale waiting to nab the next customer, to the guy ordering parts behind the counter, to the guy turning the wrench in the repair bay... none of them give a rat's ass about you, your car, or the quality of their work. In fact, in talking to a few people in the business, I am amazed at how little they care about cars IN GENERAL. I mean, I'm not asking that every mechanic be Paul Jr. or Jesse James, but it seems to me that if you are fixing cars for 8 hours a day (well, OK maybe 4 with 4 hours of breaks :D) you might actually be somewhat into cars... but no.

So, I guess it doesn't surprise me that their customer service is ****. I guess if I had to spend my workday doing something I didn't really care about, I'd probably forget to return calls and check up on people's orders too.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
And I bet it is going to get worse as Nissan increases sales and now they have to do more of what they don't like....:3:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Chances are high my next vehicle will not be a Nissan (maybe Infiniti). Not because I don't like the line up (I think they make great cars) but the service really is ****ty. I've been thinking about this over the last few days and from the first oil change (they wanted us to leave the vehicle for an oil change) things have not been what I'd expect.

I wonder, are you better off getting the top of the line car from a non-luxury manufacturer or getting the bottom car from a better brand?

Eh...where's my Yugo.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
That's an easy one.
The service personnel are trained to a certain level.
That level will be, by human nature, somewhat consistent.
Therefore the Infiniti shop will treat you much better.

Hell, Chrysler makes these guys look like punk amatuers.

Japanese cars are better?
Couldn't prove it by me.

I like the design of the Murano.
But loose steering (Of all things to be loose..), Rattles like a maraca, Bad CD players, and complete horse manure from the service personnel have sealed the fate of Nissan, the junk car company, with me.
And now when is it that the alternator will bite me?

Homer

EDIT: I SHOULD HAVE USED THE PHRASE "CRAP" CAR COMPANY.
I WAS ATTEMPTING TO CRITIQUE THE CAR COMPANY, NOT THE CAR.
I HAVE HAD MY SHARE OF PROBLEMS WITH THE CAR THO.
AND THE CHRYSLER DEALERSHIPS HAVE ALL BEEN BETTER THAN THE NISSAN DEALERSHIPS.

·
4,601 Posts
Every vehicle has it's issues, which is why the warranty claim process is so well documented and streamlined.

I get in other vehicles, rentals that are brand new or a year old and every single time, I'm delighted to get back in the Murano.

It hooked me, because it felt like my Maxima, which hooked me because it handled the way I wanted. And I drove a lot of different manufacturers vehicles, looking for the style of handling I like.

It's very likely, I'll get another one, when it's time for this one to go.... And it's the first production run of the vehicle, being built in Oct. 2002.

Now I understand leaving a brand due to lousy service. That's one of the reasons I gave up on GM after being a loyal customer for years. And it's a reason I still do like Ford, even though I don't like a lot of their products.

But I've yet to try the anti-Chrysler and I still like those Magnums I keep seeing leaving here on car carriers. So if anything was to pull me away from a Murano, it might be one of those. With a Hemi, of course...

·
Registered
113 Posts
In another thread, Homer, you said:

"The Murano. ... It's one of three or four of my most favorite cars of all time.
And that's out of something like 45 cars that I have owned over a time span of 50 years."

So, how can you hate your most favorite car? Doesn't make sense to me.

The last "American" car I owned was a Dodge...one of your beloved Chrysler products. I had nothing but trouble with it, and the dealer couldn't have cared less. The front windows leaked something terrible. It was bad enough when the car was taken through a car wash, but the windows leaked even during a rainstorm. When I complained to the dealership, they turned on a hose and literally dribbled water on the windows. When the dribbling water didn't leak inside the car, they said that everything matched specs and wouldn't authorize a repair. That's just one example of the shoddy service I got from a domestic car company.

I've owned nothing but Japanese cars since. The number of times I've had to take all of my Japanese cars to the dealership for warranty repairs is still less than the number of times I had to take my one Dodge to the dealership for warranty repairs. Now, that could just be my experience only....but I seriously doubt it.

Tex

·
Registered
95 Posts
HI,

I would call the big guys at Nissan headquarters and let them know how bad you've been treated. See if they can get something rolling or in your case, something blaring out your cd player.

I got mine the same place that I got the Quest and after all the trouble I had with them, I went back and tried again and they treated me much better this time.

I don't know the number right off hand but you could probably get it at www.nissanusa.com

GOOD LUCK

Let us know.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts