Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what goes through people's heads when picking out a car and choosing the color?

For me, it was no contest. I've always been a fan of non-traditional things and when the Murano first appeared on Nissan's website I knew I wanted it in Sunlit Copper. There was only 1 dealer within a 50 mile radius that had a sunlit copper with all the extra goodies in it and I had to have it.

Being only 21 at the time, I chose this color because I think it makes the Murano look sporty and stand out amongst the crowd. Granted, the Murano stands out in general, but unless Nissan makes them in yellow, I think it stands out the most:

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
personally i like the silver color, ... because

silver is known to even show off all those curve and slate and the curve of murano. But i can not gget silver Murano that has the option i wanted around here, so i am sick of waiting and get the super black color.

Now, start to regret it a bit as it is hard to keep it clean :D

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think silver would be my second choice. I really liked how, just as you said, silver showed how awesome the lines on this car are. Silver is just a great color for any 'nice looking' vehicle. However, I see way too many silver cars everyday. Black would have been my third choice, I was timid of black because of all the hard to clean horror stories i have heard over the years. If I didn't like my current Murano I was going to drive to WVU, WV and get a black one, it was the only other car remotely close with the goodies i wanted.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I just love the MO in most any color but I really think it looks great in black which of course the color the I got. Of course the black is much harder to keep clean but it just gives me an excuse to give to the wife why I have to wash it again.... and again.... and again.

I almost got pewter but in a compromise with my wife I got the black. It was either black or get the MDX.... the choice was obvious!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, black is hard to clean but the color makes the MO look even more mean. I would have gotten blue or white for the MO too. The gray one looks really nice too but there's just so many gray cars (e.g my family's van).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Went with black (and charcoal interior) for all the above reasons - sleek, dramatic etc.

Up to now (3 months), I have just enjoyed the time I spend on it (about 30-35 minutes every week) cleaning the exterior, but the gratification is immense (when a black Murano is clean, it really is striking in my opinion).

·
4,664 Posts
I looked at all the colours, and there isn't a single one of them that looks bad.

One thing I noticed, however, is that I really wanted the lines of the vehicle to stand out. With the dark windows and dark borders, on a dark colour those stylised lines fade and it's not as easy to see that nice swooping motion of the line along the bottom of the window and up the back.

So while I really like them, it counted out Black and Blue.

So then I looked at what was left and noticed the Gold Silver and Copper colours really had the most impact at accentuating those beautiful lines.

I just came out of a "almost" gold Maxima and I like to change colours when I go from vehicle to vehicle, so that knocked out the gold. Also, the gold had the light interior and I was afraid that huge dashboard was going to be an issue on sunny days.

So that left the silver and the copper. I was ready to get the silver, because it really looks sharp and classy, and like the gold is almost lumnious when it's nice and clean.

But.... There's a ton of silver cars out there and I knew the silver Murano would be very popular. I really liked the copper too, but was afraid it might be too much.

After agonising over it for about a week, I asked my wife figuring she'd go safe, with the silver. Nope....

She loved the copper. Well that was enough for me, and I've not regretted it for a second.

When driving around, I would compare and I'm still delighted.

From the distance, the only one I don't like is the black. (Sorry guys...) While I love it up close, in the distance all I see on the black muranos is a black blob and the chrome grille shining like a candy bar beacon. The high contrast colours all highlight those beautiful lines.

But if I had no choice? Any colour would be great. They all look fabulous!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Color Selected

I wanted Glacier Pearl, unfortunately I did not want to pay for all the options on the Glacier Pearl. Every Dealer I checked with that had Glacier Pearl had them fully loaded. I ended up with Midnight Blue and I don't regret it. The Metallic blue looks really good when its clean.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I chose the Midnight blue because I used to have a super black Maxima. I loved the dark paint, and the reflective gloss after a good polish. I didn't want to go for a fad color, which is why I did not choose sunlit copper (even though it does look great, but I cannot imagine how it would look 10 years from now).

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I chose Gold almost because it doesn't matter.

I wanted copper, but I wanted it with the Latte interior.
Besides my wife was probably right........it's as close to Orange as it is copper. If I had a penny that color, it would be a counterfeit. :D

The dealership, as is usual, had several identically priced cars. So I made the deal first and then we plugged in the VIN.

When all the papers were completed, I chose the Polished Pewter.
The dealer said that since he wasn't getting any more 03s and no one knew when the 04s were coming, he wanted an addittional $500 for the last PP.

I then chose Gold.

I now own Gold.

I agree with a lot of the previous posts.

Homer

PS When I was young I usta buy the black ones.
Washed them almost every day and polished them every Saturday morn.

I'm old now.
So I wash the Murano every Sat morning and apply another coat of Zaino every 5 or 6 weeks.

H

·
Registered
792 Posts
For some reason I wanted black - regardless of what car it was.

Unlike some - my least favortie part of the Murano design is the upswept rear/side window. It was much less dramatic in black.

It is just so damn sexy when its clean.

Black was my first choice. Had to have tan interior with black.

I liked the white - but I didn't want tan interior in the white and I already have one white car with black leather.

Midnight blue is beautiful - kinda wish I would have gone that route - however blue still has the same problem with cleanliness as black does. The car we traded in was navy - needed a change.

Silver w/black leather - :cool: Should have gone that route with as much as my wife likes to wash it :(

I just think that nothing looks better than black when it's clean. It is that first 5 minutes after you wash it that it looks it's best. It silently whispers "Look at me."

·
4,664 Posts
Saw a black one yesterday and it was sweet, as it was spotless. However that's rare in Toronto in the winter. I'm sure Chicago suffers the same problem.

I think it's interesting, that you chose the black for the same reason I didn't! Because it hides that upsweep...

Black with a Tan interior would be really sharp!!!

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
ahhhh Black, yes, the sexiest of all colors.......they are the ones that made me look at the MO's to begin with.

But here in Atlanta, Black will roast you like chicken on a barby. I chose silver for the heat. My wife drives a white nissan and when I get through waxing it I need a blind man's cane for an hour. And lord knows if a dead leaf gets rain on it and sits overnight there will be that telltail brown spot the next day....silver is forgiving with dirt and heat.
But, yes, I can see beauty in each of the colors, poetry in motion.
:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm looking at getting a Copper one because I just think it's an interesting color. Unique but not gaudy. Silver is my second choice.

Funny enough, my girlfriend had recently seen a picture of a Fusion Orange colored Aztek, and automatically assumed the copper Murano would be the same color, so as we went to sleep the night before we went to look at Mo's, she was trying to "mind-meld" me (with her hand wedged against my face) going "you dont *want* an orange car, you do *not* want an orange car...

at the dealership the next evening, dontchaknow, the only Mo in the showroom itself (as opposed to outside in the lot) was Sunlit Copper. And she goes "Hey, I like *that* color! Let's get that color!"

Almost LMAO right in front of the sales guy at her.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I bought the super black myself. First one I ever saw was the Sunlit Copper, but I've always wanted a black car. Never had one before. Now I realize the pain it takes to keep it clean. Because of the weather up here I haven't washed mine in about 4 weeks. It's more of a greyish-black now that black.

But when it's clean, I have to admit to staring at it out the window as the sun is gleaming off of it. :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
SuperBlack for me....gotta wipe on it every day I drive it, but to me a glistening black vehicle makes a statement that most other colors can't match up to....strong, sleek, powerful, distinguised, sexy and sophisticated...all rolled into one (ONLY if its shining like glass though).

Others colors (to me...just "my" opinion) can pull off a few of these qualities at once...but not all of them. (A very shiny silver is next on my list.)

I will admit though, the MO looks pretty damned good in any color...I still "break my neck" anytime I pass another one on the road...no matter what the color!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Black is nice, I must admit. It is sleek and sporty with all that tinted windows and those nice giant wheels. But the only thing is that it makes the grille seems so shiny...looks like the car's got braces!
Besides there's too many of them around.
So I went with glacier pearl, cuz it's got a nice deep sparkle in the paint and it's like the car is made of liquid under the sun.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine is silver. My last car was black, my sons last car was black. I was spray painting (white) some lawn furniture, way in the backyard. It cost me @ $350 to have both cars clayed to remove the almost microscopic white dots. My neighbors had white and silver and did not notice any white dots.

But I still love the look of clean black cars.

Today on my way to work I saw a white Mo it looked great! Much better than I remembered them looking at the dealer.

My son now owns a silver Evolution, which makes my silver Mo look pewter when parked next to it.

I also liked the blue MO but the one I saw at the dealers showroom displayed every fingerprint and it kind of turned me off. I also did not really like the sunlit copper but it was probably more the orange interior.that I didnt like. My wife liked it though.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Color Selection

Marco - You are certainly right about the fingerprints. I find myself telling my wife and kids to use the indented handle on the hatch so they don't get there fingerprints on my Midnight Blue MO. It's a love hate relationship, I love the MO when its clean, but with all the pollen, sand, and dust around here it sure is a challenge.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts