Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Today I made a "business" tour to check the new route for an Oil duct from the atlantic coast to the center of my Country and believe me my MO was great, the AWD performed awesome on heavy muddy roads, and the river was not a big deal...

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I let my brother in law to drive....

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here we go!!

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AND JUST IN THE MIDDLE....

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, I dont think a 2wd could handle this, it was really bad road, I took the pictures late, before I took the pics it was worst.

The AWD is very smart the others 4x4 used a normal 4x4 and they did slip everywhere, but the MO was always in a straight line.

·
Registered
522 Posts
:eek:
Wohoo!!! Great off-roading pics! Go Mo!!!

Was that with the stock GoodYears or some more agressive off-road tire? You have the traction & stability control systems or is it a bare bones AWD?:2:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Nice pix.

is that with a 4/5 speed auto, or a CVT?

Homer

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My MO specs:
2004 SL AWD
CVT
Stock tires
No traction and stab. special system
Just have the new Grill which cannot be shown from inside.;)
I turned on the AWD switch in order to avoid slips.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That is AWESOME!!! Very cool, thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Fantastic post.

·
5,268 Posts
Awesome!!!!

Reminds me travel through Queensland Cape York and jungles of Colombia and Venezuela!

Interesting how well the MO performed. Did you have any problems? Got stuck somewhere?

Just keep posting pictures like that!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did not have any problems, you can feel the AWD working trying to keep the MO in a straight line, it is very interesting how techs helps.

My only concern was the catalytic converter since is very low on the MO, It hits a couple of times in the river and in some mud, when I checked after the trip it has a very minor bump but thats all.

But believe me this route was tough!!.

·
Registered
522 Posts
It's not actually the CAT, it's just a muffler, unless your Costa Rica Mo's exhaust system is different than in the states. Hopefully somebody comes out with a nice aftermarket unit for a little more power, a little more sound, and a LOT more ground clearance. :4:

·
Registered
43 Posts
BAD ASS.................I'm so stoked to see some off-roading pics, esp. in Costa Rica. My friends and I took a trip there, we rented a RAV4 and boy did it suck, those roads, if you happen upon, them are the worst, esp. in the mountains.......

That's super cool, just be careful with the underbody, there is some delicate aluminum under there that would not enjoy the company of a good size rock.......

Rock on and rage the MO down there, show 'em what she's got

·
Registered
9 Posts
O.M.G. Those pics are awesome. I was under the impression with the low ground clearance and no skid plates you really couldn't do that in the MO. Hell Yeah. Now I've got some plans! One question though, aren't you worried about the plate protruding down to cool the oil pan?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts