Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know, or have, an Optima installed in their Murano? If so, is it a direct fit?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I would think the answer is yes, since Nissan uses the same size battery for all their 3.5L VQ engines. The battery in my Murano is the very same battery Nissan installed for my 97 Maxima when I bought that car over 6 years ago, and I know the Optima fits in the Maxima.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just talked to the local Nissan parts store, and they said that the Murano has a 24F group size battery. Does this ring a bell to the Maxima?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The Maxima had a group size 35 battery. Hmmm, the Murano's battery looks the same size though! Checking Kragen, I see the Murano does have an Optima application, group size 35.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a tape measure here with me right now, but I'll have to measure the OEM battery and bump against the specs on the Optima web-site. In the mean time, I've sent them an e-mail as well.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked with Optima and they did say 35 as well. Since the posts are reversed, shouldn't be a 35R?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
If the optima has top mount terminals, can't you just turn the battery around and then it will be the correct orientation? Does the optima have two sets of terminals, top mount and side mount? Maybe I'm confusing it with the Exide Orbitals, which are essentially the same type of product.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe the side mount terminals are for the 34/75 batterys which are for GM vehicles. I could be wrong though. I will be getting a red top soon because 1) the heat out here and 2) my stereo...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Eric L. said:
If the optima has top mount terminals, can't you just turn the battery around and then it will be the correct orientation? Does the optima have two sets of terminals, top mount and side mount? Maybe I'm confusing it with the Exide Orbitals, which are essentially the same type of product.

Every Yellow top I've owned has had dual post's.

Jim

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DPDad said:

Every Yellow top I've owned has had dual post's.

Jim
Only the group 34/75 batteries do. You can get them in single configs too...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just thought I would let everyone know that I got a red top Optima, but the ground wire has little slack in it. If you get one, you will most likely have to get a longer ground wire....

·
'03 SE 2WD Cold Pkg, VDC
143 Posts
Optima Red for 2003

Dookie... did you get the Group 35 for your MO?

I believe that there was a size change in 2005.

thanks

·
08 G37S, Prev MO owner
50 Posts
I've had a red top for about six months already. Ended up replacing the battery prior to finding out my MO was part of the alternator recall. For whatever reason I've never had a battery last more than 2-3 years. The heat just wreaks havoc on them down in SE Florida.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Good pix...........and timely for me.

Homer

uh......"The heat just wreaks havoc on them down in SE Florida.".........do you guys in PC really think you are in SE FL?;)

·
'03 SE 2WD Cold Pkg, VDC
143 Posts
What year was your Red Top for?

I'm trying to find out the size of the Red Top for a 2003 MO. I believe that from 2005, the battery was a larger size so I want to make sure I get the right one for my 2003.

thanks for your help

whoops... I see from your signature that it's an '03.

thanks

·
08 G37S, Prev MO owner
50 Posts
>Good pix...........and timely for me.

>Homer

>uh......"The heat just wreaks havoc on >them down in SE Florida.".........do you >guys in PC really think you are in SE FL?

Nah the locals call it UCLA. Upper Corner of Lower Alabama. :)

My MO has spent most of it's time in Ft. Lauderdale/WPB. Up here you forget what the humidity was like down there! :9:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
They don't last any longer over here in AZ

:(

·
Registered
285 Posts
Re: What year was your Red Top for?

LKimura said:
I'm trying to find out the size of the Red Top for a 2003 MO. I believe that from 2005, the battery was a larger size so I want to make sure I get the right one for my 2003.

thanks for your help

whoops... I see from your signature that it's an '03.

thanks

Back to ya~
See the pic on this tread.
That's what you put.

NZM

1 - 20 of 21 Posts