Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Nissan Murano. I have been searching the internet for days to find out my problem. I was getting ready to put it up for sale so I decided to clean it up a little bit before posting it for sale. I also cleaned the motor bay. I tried being very careful around the electrical componites. Now the motor will not start. It has had several days to dry out and still nothing. The motor will crank but will not even try to start. Also the parking lights will stay on. The horn will start blowing out of no where and then just quit. Then today I noticed a ringing sound that sounded like a alarm clock. I tracked it down to the electrical piece in the piping conected to the metal part of the intake tubing. I can unplug it and the sound will stop. And every now and again the ecm relay will buzz. I m really not sure what is going on. I thought maybe the water had made a sensor go bad so I rented a scan tool to find out there were not any codes to be read. So now I have nothing and yet came to another end on this thing. I am at that moment I am ready to pull out what little bit of hair I have out. lol Any help would be helpful. I will try anything you guys need me to do. Just help in the right direction would help also. I will be leaving the forum up all day today on my computer and hitting the refresh button everytime I go by so I will be able to respond to this quickly.

Just keep in mind the car ran with no previous issues before washing the motor bay.

Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
You wont get codes until it runs a while. My best advice it to get some electrical cleaner, even a shot of brake cleaner in a pinch and unplug each connector one at a time and shoot the cleaner on each connection. let it dry( it drys very fast) reconnect each connector and see if it will crank.

I washed many motors at the car wash. The trick is to stay clear of electrical connectors and components.

Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2007 Nissan Murano. I have been searching the internet for days to find out my problem. I was getting ready to put it up for sale so I decided to clean it up a little bit before posting it for sale. I also cleaned the motor bay. I tried being very careful around the electrical componites. Now the motor will not start. It has had several days to dry out and still nothing. The motor will crank but will not even try to start. Also the parking lights will stay on. The horn will start blowing out of no where and then just quit. Then today I noticed a ringing sound that sounded like a alarm clock. I tracked it down to the electrical piece in the piping conected to the metal part of the intake tubing. I can unplug it and the sound will stop. And every now and again the ecm relay will buzz. I m really not sure what is going on. I thought maybe the water had made a sensor go bad so I rented a scan tool to find out there were not any codes to be read. So now I have nothing and yet came to another end on this thing. I am at that moment I am ready to pull out what little bit of hair I have out. lol Any help would be helpful. I will try anything you guys need me to do. Just help in the right direction would help also. I will be leaving the forum up all day today on my computer and hitting the refresh button everytime I go by so I will be able to respond to this quickly.

Just keep in mind the car ran with no previous issues before washing the motor bay.

Thanks
My first recommendation is to never ever wash a car engine. My son did that in the middle he would not start. I recommend a blow dryer over all electrical systems without overheating. I had a Chevy van that frequently quit during a heavy rain. It had a rubber piece by a wire that came out of the distributor and allowed moisture in. Event cleaning engine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts