Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to see the murano at local dealership the other day, and really liked it. The SE I tested comes with so many features as standard!

Can anybody tell me if the rear seat will fit two adults and a car seat for baby? I did not have the chance to take the whole family with me, just seems tight at the back.

Any input with real life experience is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Hi Sun.....

Unless you get a full sized crewcab truck and a very narrow car seat to boot--there aren't many vehicles than can accomodate 2 adults + a car seat. Well, two averaged sized adults. I had a van with 3 indiviual seats in the second row--but they were kinda slim.
:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
We do it all the time for short trips. I would say you wouldn't want to be back there more than 1/2 an hour.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Rear seat shoulder room is 58.5 inches.

As a comparison, the Toyota Highlander is 57.
The Daimler Chry T&C Mini is 59.
The beloved Camry "family car" is 56.

Of course there ARE some wide boats too.
Check out the Honda Pilot Bus if you need wide.
It is 61" and you can always get a three seater. (worst 3rd seat in captivity IMO)

I have seen car seats from 17" wide to 19" wide.
A couple of inches can make a big difference, esp when it is the last couple of inches. ;)

The real problem with car seats is they come in different configurations and so do rear seats.

The ONLY answer is to carry the seat down to the dealer and find out.
Just make sure you carry it to ALL the dealers.
If it is not going to fit very well anyway, you might as well drive a Murano!

Homer

·
Registered
216 Posts
Britax car seat in the middle and two adults on either side works just fine. That was one of the requirements I had.

·
Registered
141 Posts
We did a 12 hour drive with 2 husbands in the front, and the 2 wives with a 2 year old in a car seat in the middle. They said they were comfortable. Well, they were until the child vomited after hour 10 :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
shappy0869 said:
Britax car seat in the middle and two adults on either side works just fine. That was one of the requirements I had.
:17:

Have gone through 2 long distance road trips with that setup. No complaint from the back seat occupants (mom and wifey -- both 5'3").

YMMV.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jason1234 said:
We did a 12 hour drive with 2 husbands in the front, and the 2 wives with a 2 year old in a car seat in the middle. They said they were comfortable. Well, they were until the child vomited after hour 10 :)

:5::16::5:

-njjoe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts