Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Sorry you have not gotten a response... Unfortuantely I can't help but I'm surprised nobody has spoken up yet.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
You are buying a wheel that is ~38mm wider (19mm wider from the centerline) but only increasing the offset by 10mm. This means your wheel will push into the wheel well by about 1cm. Sounds like it might fit, but with something that wide, you will rub the inner fenders on full lock turns I think.

One problem with sticking to 18" is that there are very few +0 size tires that will go well with that wide rim. Maybe 255/60/18, but thats it.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
The greater the offset, the farther IN a wheel is, so you have 9mm extra sticking out, but a whopping 29mm (a bit more than an inch) extra on the inside. Don't forget tires may stick out a bit beyond the rim too.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
To be clearer, I'll explain. Our stock wheels are 35mm offset (IIRC). The offset is the distance between the center of the wheel and the mounting surface. So the mounting surface is 35mm farther from the vehicle than the center of the wheel. If you select a wheel with a 45mm offset, the mounting surface has moved 10mm away from the vehicle, therefore moving the wheel 10mm towards the vehicle.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/offset.jsp

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Tyler_Canada said:
To be clearer, I'll explain. Our stock wheels are 35mm offset (IIRC). The offset is the distance between the center of the wheel and the mounting surface. So the mounting surface is 35mm farther from the vehicle than the center of the wheel. If you select a wheel with a 45mm offset, the mounting surface has moved 10mm away from the vehicle, therefore moving the wheel 10mm towards the vehicle.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/offset.jsp
Right again. I've got things all backwards today. :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
less offset?

TSW wheels states that either a 20mm or 40mm offset will work with the Murano. I am looking into a set of 22x9 wheels with a 20mm offset, and I'm wondering if bigwheels is correct that 34mm is the minimum you can go, or whether TSW is right? Do you think I'll have a problem running these with 265/35R22 tires? I am going down in overall width, so they will fill the wells a little less. Do I trust TSW, or does someone have experience using a 9" width with a 20mm offset?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I would guess that a 20mm offset would work, but you will probably encounter interference with a 45mm offset.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts