Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we ordered our MO, one of the options we included was the Sunroof Wind Deflector. It's on all the paperwork, and even appears on the acknowledgement from Nissan when they assigned a VIN. When the MO arrived, no wind deflector. In fact, it wasn't even listed on the window sticker.

Of course the dealer has been working for the last 3 weeks to get a replacement. Today, they told me Nissan was changing to a ne model of deflector, and the old ones were no longer available. And, for now, the new ones are also not available.

Anyone heard anything about this? I'm documenting all of this in writing with the dealership, so I'm sure I'll get a wind deflector - but when. And, how will I be able to tell if it's the new design, or one that was discontinued.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've heard that Nissan is changing manufacturer's for all of the deflectors (sunroof, hood, window...) for all vehicles and has yet to locate a new one. You might want to try calling some dealers and seeing if they had any in stock before Nissan stopped shipping them.

·
Registered
741 Posts
When I waxed the MO, I removed the hood deflector and saw that the stupid mechanic who installed it did not protect the paint with vinyl strips under the pressure connectors. The result is that the clear and paint is damaged in 2 or 3 spots. I have fixed the damages so that the rust does not settle in but it definitely shows now. After 3 cars with deflectors, I noticed that these gizmos in general end up causing damages to the area that they are protecting, although much less than damages caused by road hazards.

After a few coats of wax, I applied clear hockey tape strips on the finish before reinstalling the deflector and the paint is now safe from more damage.

It would have taken the guy 2 minutes to do the same and prevent these scratches.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sunroof deflector

I got one on mine in September of last year, 2003.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Wind/bug/rock deflector

I have both a bug deflector and a sunroof wind deflector that I bought after market from Ziebart, and have had no problem with either one of them at any speed. The nice thing about the sunroof deflector is that it is glued to the roof so that there are no connections that go through the roof seal to attach to the car.

I would highly recommend going to Ziebart and having them install it both for a quality installation ( they probably do this more often than Nissan mechanics) and price. Both deflectors where at least $30-40 cheaper that the OEM equipment.:4: :4:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts