Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to take of my Wind Deflector (came with the car so I didn't put it on and didn't get any instructions).
Just to make sure I'm not screwing things up (since it's kind of hard to see what exactly is going on up there) here's what I think is the correct way:
- open sunroof
- unscrew the two screws on the clips from the top side of the deflector
- take deflector off the roof
- clips should come off afterwards (I guess wiggle them or something)

If someone could say yes (or no and let me know what to do) I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
That sounds like that's how it should come off, but I may ant to check with the dealership (if that is where it was put on ) or with an after market dealer that installs them for there advise. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - somehow my search attempt had not found that post.

Just took it off today. The screws (at least on my '06 SL with factory mounted wind deflector) are now Hex - but no problems. Came off exactly as thought. There was even some of that 3M protective clear plastic stuff over the paint around the area where the two clamps reach down...
I am amazed how much dirt was already collected around the rubber rim (the car has just a bit over 1000 miles on it) - there is no damage to the paint etc. but I am very glad that I didn't wait longer as I am not sure how long you can get away without a visible line - especially on the white paint...

As a personal note: I like the look without the deflector much better (from inside and outside). As I only open the sunroof to quickly let air in to cool the car down when parked in the sun and otherwise only tilt it it's much better for me without...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts