Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey - my mom just picked up her Murano about 2 weeks ago and she loves it...probably not as much as I love mine though ;) Anyways, if her back windows are down, there is a pretty loud machine gun/helicopter type sound from somewhere in the back. I have not noticed this in mine. I rode in the back seat to see if I could find where the sound was coming from, but couldn't seem to pinpoint it. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this or had a direction they could point me in to help correct it. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
If the rear windows are opened without opening the front windows, the buffeting is really bad. It happens in many SUVs but its especially bad in the Murano.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've experienced buffeting like that in every car I've owned when the back windows are down and the front aren't. Also, the faster you go, the worse it gets. Gotta open at least one of the front windows to stop the whump-whump.

Cheers

·
Registered
541 Posts
yea I get it in mine too

·
Registered
263 Posts
Me 5

Nizmo

·
4,601 Posts
Me 6. Just a few inches on a front one and it goes away. It also can be affected by the angle of a wind. Sometimes, It won't do it at all if the wind's blowing the right way. I've wished on occasion that the little windows at the back would open, as that might kill it too.

·
Registered
541 Posts
does anyone know if the window deflectors you can buy eliminates this problem?

·
5,244 Posts
No, they do not.

·
Registered
110 Posts
jaycen29 said:
does anyone know if the window deflectors you can buy eliminates this problem?
No they do not. I have found that having the sunroof open a little bit (tilted up) eliminates the buffeting. Jeff

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Vibration

Besides the noise, I get a very pronounced vibration in the whole car body as well when I only open the rear windows at hwy speeds. The shake is so bad that it really scary! All cars have buffeting problem but the ones I have experienced in other cars or SUVs were only annoying sounds. My Murano actually shakes. Anyone else with that problem? I still love my MO though!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yep, same with me. I just don't drive the cart with the windows down in such a way as to cause the buffeting. Try lowering the rear windows only partially. that might help. I've grown to overlook the problem since there's not much that can be done about it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am trying to use the 'search' instead of asking repeat questions..I see the last post on this thread was in '04, so I was wondering if the Rear Window buffeting noise problem has been improved in the new Muranos ?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
toolhandee said:
I am trying to use the 'search' instead of asking repeat questions..I see the last post on this thread was in '04, so I was wondering if the Rear Window buffeting noise problem has been improved in the new Muranos ?
Just tried mine again and after three years it is still there.....:D

Kidding aside, I think that has a lot to do with the interior design and since that has not changed much since 2003 models....

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
toolhandee said:
Tool-

That problem is not isolated to the MO. I also experienced that in my Jeep GC and Hyundai Sonota.

-njjoe

·
Registered
56 Posts
yeah i just discovered this in my new 06 murano this morning. the rear windows down and the vibrations are completely annoying. the same thing happens when the sunroof is completely rolled back, usually tween 30-40mph, but when i move the sunroof forward 2-3 inches the vibration sensation goes away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts