Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if other Murano owners have noted a distinct "wind" noise in the windshield area at speeds of 40-45 mph and up. Am finding that the dealer and Nissan wishes to imply that this is normal, but I cannot imagine that others would not find this objectionable!

·
Registered
26 Posts
re: wind noise

I don't necessarily notice any excessive windshield wind noise with all windows closed. I do think that the sunroof (when open) has excessive wind noise (my Volvo's sunroof is relatively quiet at hiway speeds), but this is likely due to the sloping angle of the roofline. I don't have the wind deflector, but would expect this would help reduce sunroof noise.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I have the wind deflector for my sunroof and definitely noticed a difference between the noise levels of this and other cars that I owned that had a sunroof. Get one, you'll be happy you did!

·
5,268 Posts
The wind deflector definitely reduces wind noise significantly. It is a must if you intend to drive with open sunroof at highway speeds.

As for me - I like to have all windows closed. I hate wind noise!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Silent Sam

I can't say that I have objectionable wind noise. I've had MO up to 90 and all I heard was puuuuuurrrrrrrrrrr, no wind leaks.

·
5,268 Posts
Re: Silent Sam

Indiana_Mike said:
I can't say that I have objectionable wind noise. I've had MO up to 90 and all I heard was puuuuuurrrrrrrrrrr, no wind leaks.
Had MO upto 115, wind noise wasn't that bad;)

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
No, not excessive, but the Murano is not happy over 100.
It is very skittish and I wouldn't do it again unless there were NO winds. It was definitly very light and needs more downforce.

Homer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THe wind noise that I experience does not seem to be related to the sunroof. This problem occurs with a closed sunroof (equipped with deflector). The dealer plans to install a new tape around windshield in hopes of minimizing this noise. I'm happy to hear that others do not have this problem, as this gives me ammunition in dealing with the problem and the dealer.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
No winde noise here either.... even at typical cruise of 80MPH.... I'll have to try getting above the century mark and confirm the "light" handling charateristics myself.... now I'm curious.
:cool:

·
5,268 Posts
I agree with Homer, above the century the MO does not feel very sure footed..........The FX is much better.................however, is this really that important?

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I was just thinking...does the MO need to go well above 100?

Answer: No.

Am I going to try it? maybe;)

·
5,268 Posts
Snow MO said:
I was just thinking...does the MO need to go well above 100?

Answer: No.

Am I going to try it? maybe;)
I like your attitude....................;)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Kris said:

I like your attitude....................;)

The Murano has a speed governor in the 112-118mph range. This is because of the stock t-rated Goodyears.

·
5,268 Posts
Eric L. said:

The Murano has a speed governor in the 112-118mph range. This is because of the stock t-rated Goodyears.
Thar's why I took it to 115 only..........

·
Registered
564 Posts
Speed govenor

Anyone know what the govenor is and how it works (so that it may be disengaged)? Anyone try it? Not that I plan on driving my MO over any speed limit. Any such high speed runs will, of course, take place in a controlled environment for experimental purposes only! :D

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I believe the governor is computer controlled. Once you hit the max speed, it will cut fuel to the fuel injectors so you cannot go any faster.

·
5,268 Posts
My understanding is that the ECU monitors the speed and once it reaches the preset limit it cut off the engine..............believe me, it is sa terrible feeling (done it on a different car.....)

So if one had access to computer code it should be possible to change this number to whatever one wants......:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just got a 2003 Murano. I have a very minor amount of wind noise occasionally at around 45 - 50. The wind seems to have to be blowing just right against my car though since it's not constant. I hardly notice it since this car is far quieter than my last car or my wife's car. I hope that doesn't change as the miles go on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Has there been any resolution to this wind noise issue. I too have a wind noise coming from the lower drivers side portion of the windshield on my 05 Murano when travelling at 100K or better. I have had it in to the Dealer once with no success. I am considering requesting another test drive to see if this condition was evident on other Muranos.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I too have had wind noise seemingly from the front passenger side. It happens at highway speed and only with a head wind that tries to push the vehicle to the left slightly. I sound like a vibration to me, very slight but noticeable.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts