Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought someone else has this issue but I can't find it.

It seems that when I roll up my passenger side window it will roll down about 4 inches after pressing the up button all by itself. :eek:

Anyone remember the cause/fix?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
That is the safety thing kicking in. Check for any bind or obstruction in the window's path which does not let the glass fully close.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Gonzo-

The Anti-Pinch function is not properly adjusted or there is something in the upper window track.

The following excerpt is from the Service Manual. I hope it helps.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm I'll take a look. I'm not sure it is this as it closes completely than about .5 seconds latter is opens. Maybe it thinks it needs to close further and can't so maybe it is this. I'll have the dealer look at at it. Another 6K miles/3 months and I"m out of warranty.

Right now we have had rainy days so I'm not going to evey muck with it in fear that if it does go back down it might just want to say there.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
yep, that's a limit switch thing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My MO's at the dealer right now getting repaired for this. He said it has something to do with the window home position (limit switch).
I found that if you roll it up with the manual click it will stay up, but if you use the auto up it will come back down about half way.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm thanks. How hard do you think it is to remove the door panel? I have done it on other cars.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, when this rain stops and when I have time I'll give it a try.

I appreciate your responses.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Changed my mind... appointment with dealer Thursday under warranty.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was looking the MO service manual and apparanetly there is not reset switch as you pointed out for the Z. They offer slighly different instructions.

I had cancelled the appointment as it was working correctly 95% of the time... now it is back to doing it again. I'll have to setup the appointment again.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK I decided to try to reset the regulator myself... so I took off the door panel and found the metal plate on the inside of the door which covers all the components. I started to remove all the screws around the edges oft he plate and then tried to remove it... man the stuff is attached to the glass so I chickened out and put it all back together. I was fearful I would not be able to get everything back in the door correctly.

At any rate I made an appointment with the dealer which has changed ownership to a local larger dealer. A little leery I went this morning first thing so I could wait for it and get to work on time.

I showed up at 7:20 and saw my MO in the bay sitting there. I was reading my magazine for about 10 minutes when I look up see the MO is gone. I was hoping they would work on it in the initial bay as I would see what they were doing from the waiting room... a big plus! At any rate about 5 minutes latter the manager comes out and we go out to the MO.

Their findings was that were not able to reproduce it but they did open the door and reset the regulator. I tried to reproduce it and but it seemed to be working OK. I left and while I was driving I played with it and it started to do it... much less than before but still an issue. I drove back to the dealer and the manger stated before taking time to open the door again which would take a while to do (yet they just did in under 15 minutes???) he would order a new regulator.

So the current status is that it appears they will order a new regulator, call me when it comes in and install. We hope this will resolve the issue.

I'll keep you posted.

FYI The new dealership is thus far better than the previous one (Frost Nissan). The first thing they did was look up my VIN for any current recalls. I never got that from Frost. Some of the same people are at the new dealership so I'm thinking the new dealership is able to provide employees with better tools which translates into a better experience for the customer. Everyone including the dude in the parts dept was friendly and courteous.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK got back from the dealer which has fixed this issue in an hour. They replaced the window motor assy. I was talking with the tech and appraently with the new motors their is not a "learning" reset switch. He just installed it and all is good.

Part No. 80730-CA011 Motor Assy - RE

Is the RE mean remanufactured?

All was covered under warranty.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Gonzo said:
OK got back from the dealer which has fixed this issue in an hour. They replaced the window motor assy. I was talking with the tech and appraently with the new motors their is not a "learning" reset switch. He just installed it and all is good.

Part No. 80730-CA011 Motor Assy - RE

Is the RE mean remanufactured?

All was covered under warranty.
Gonzo-

The RE suffix might mean REPLACEMENT part. It may have additional components required to facilitate the replacement process.

I would like to believe Nissan is not putting remanufactured (a.k.a. used) parts into our MOs during servicing.

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Using "remanufactured" parts during warranty repair is a common practice. Furthermore, your warranty only runs to the end of the original warranty.

So, if you have 3 yr 36K on the CD player for instance, and it goes bad at at 33 months aqnd 31,000 miles, you "could" get a reman unit with a 3 month, 5000 mile warranty (Whichever come first).
I know, because that is what happened to me last month.

Of course, not all warranty repair is done with Reman parts.It is at the discretion of the manufacturer.

Homer

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm going back to the dealer.... now something is rattling in the door when the window is rolled down. You can really hear it when the door is closed shut. Mannnn I hate it when they fix one and cause a rattle! :3:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got back from the dealer... they fix the issue. Apparently there was a bolt that needed lock tight... yea right. What they meant to say was that the bolt needed lock tight and needed to be tightned becuase it wasn't in the first place after they did the work.

So before I made my appointment I called the dealer when I had some extra time. I wanted to know if I could simply come in "now" to have them tighten what ever was loose. The service order person tells me, nope we can't do that. I said OK but it will only take about 15 minutes. She says, 15 minutes, I don't think so, it will take 2 hours. I said it only took 40 minutes to replace the motor. Nope can't do it so I get an apoinment two days latter from her.

OK it was a long shot, so I get to the dealer this morning and the person writting up my order is the same person I spoke with on the telephone. I explain the rattle and ask if I could speak to the tech before he started to work on it. I just want to talk to him to ensure we heard the noise. At first she wanted to tell me no I couldn't, but she held back and I ended up with a "You want to talk with him, I guess".

Sitting in the waiting room I see that they started working on my MO.... I walk over the tech to talk with him. No biggier we both agreed we heard the noise.

Fixed after about 15 minutes but noone is coming out go tell me it is ready. So I wait another 5 minutes and I see my car just sitting there. So I walk over the desk where the girl was and she says, "I paged you two times." Either I never heard it or she was just trying to make me wait longer to prove her point about how long it would take to fix it... I don't know.

At any rate I got the car, not more rattles and I'm good to go.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
"Got back from the dealer... they fix the issue. Apparently there was a bolt that needed lock tight... yea right. What they meant to say was that the bolt needed lock tight and needed to be tightned becuase it wasn't in the first place after they did the work."

I've been here too long. I understood that perfectly. And to make matters worse, I think you are right.

Homer

1 - 20 of 22 Posts