Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put some stickers on my Mo but I'm concerned about the area under the sticker fading slower than the rest of the window. Being that the windows are not tinted with film. I wondered if it would have no effect on it on the factory laminate tint? I had a couple stickers on my last car and removed them and you could see the darker square underneath. Obviously I don't want to put my baby through the same. I wondered if some of you guys could tell me if you have stickers and if they seem to be affecting the fade and leaving a nasty pattern underneath.

-Glen.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Keep the sticker on for a year, then remove and reapply in a new location. It's like plasma TV burn in.

mobious said:
I want to put some stickers on my Mo but I'm concerned about the area under the sticker fading slower than the rest of the window. Being that the windows are not tinted with film. I wondered if it would have no effect on it on the factory laminate tint? I had a couple stickers on my last car and removed them and you could see the darker square underneath. Obviously I don't want to put my baby through the same. I wondered if some of you guys could tell me if you have stickers and if they seem to be affecting the fade and leaving a nasty pattern underneath.

-Glen.

·
Registered
982 Posts
To each his own... but if your baby is anything like my baby... why do you want to put stickers on it? No offense, but it's not a looseleaf from high school. I think stickers degrade the look of a car.... just my opinion. Again, to each his / her own.

What kind of stickers by the way? Like from different locations you have traveled to ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey,

I put a little flag sticker on my Rav4 on the back window where the rear defroster lines are. Of course, I didn't think about it doing what it did at the time. After a year or so, the flag got faded and I tried to take it off. Well, the sticker came off but the image remained. I think when I would use the rear defroster, it burned it in the glass. Won't make that mistake again. I sold the Rav4 a few months ago, hopefully the dealer got it off or hopefully the new owner doesn't mind the faded flag.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
TheGymKid said:
To each his own... but if your baby is anything like my baby... why do you want to put stickers on it? No offense, but it's not a looseleaf from high school. I think stickers degrade the look of a car.... just my opinion. Again, to each his / her own.

What kind of stickers by the way? Like from different locations you have traveled to ?
I LOVE a big a$$ bumpa sticka on my MO... "I LOVE CVTs" :2:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Quite a few of us here purchased "NissanMurano_Org" stickers from Jaycen. These are very attractive and show support for this forum. I think mine looks great on my MO, but to each his own.

·
Registered
982 Posts
" Quite a few of us here purchased "NissanMurano_Org" stickers from Jaycen. These are very attractive and show support for this forum. I think mine looks great on my MO, but to each his own. "

You know what, back in March, I made a $6 donation for a sticker to the web site... and never received my sticker. I just checked paypal and the payment went through. Who do I hunt down for that?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TheGymKid said:

Because I'm 24 and want to let everyone know that this car is not for soccer moms.

·
Registered
545 Posts
GymKid

Jaycen was the person who supplied the stickers. I think if you follow the sticker threads, you'll catch up with him. Mine arrived not long after I ordered them, but I know that some people had delays.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just FYI - I messaged Jaycen a few weeks ago because I had used my PayPal account to request two stickers and, a month later, I still had not received them. Jaycen messaged me back that he hadn't had time to process the sticker requests and credited back my PayPal account.
Unfortunately, it sounded like the stickers will not be available anymore. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts