Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
esemes,
Your tint looks good! I had mine done to. Do you know what brand and % you used? What do you think of it?

I found mine was just slightly darker than the rear windows but what bugs me is it is not as clear. I used 3M tint. I think it was 25%.
Overall I am happy with it. I think it realy complements the look of the vehicle and helps in the hot Florida sun.

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
hey kitesurfer...

thnx for the compliment...

my tint is the lumilor (sp?) and the fronts are one shade over limo.....

i actually had ALL windows tinted abyway, with the backs/sides done two steps above limo......

no matter how dark you get the front driver and pass. the openess of the windshield makes em look lighter than the rears.....

sms

ps- the MO is online, with the window patterns available to download, if you have a machine to cut em (makes it a whole lot easier... even the front strip!!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
esemes said:

i actually had ALL windows tinted abyway, with the backs/sides done two steps above limo......
Damn thats dark! Dont let the cops see ya. I know here limo tint or darker is illegal if used on the front windows.

How did the rear glass come out? It has a lot of curve/bubble to it.

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
i had all limo (over fact. tint) on my last two cars.........

im jus careful of cruising the beaches (like im young enough to cruise anymore...lol) blaring music........

the rear looks tight as the rest..... with the cimputer cut, the lumar film works well..... not to mention a buddy that owns his own tint shop.......

this car is actually noticably lighter than the trooper i traded in...... at night, that was challenging to back up, turn, etc......

·
Registered
763 Posts
es - did you strip the factory tint on the rear windows or just layer on additional tint? :confused:

·
Registered
763 Posts
es - that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure I understood what you did.
So if you went 2 steps up from limo (5%) you layered a 35% over a factory 25%. So that would let 35% of the 25% through or 8.5%, probably less with the layers.
The one step up on your front sides would be 20% but with the limo on the back that even appears darker.

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
KS-

my sides are 12's and the rears are 15's....

BUT... the sides are a different film than the rears... for some reason (i think it was due to the rolls that would fit into the computer cutter being available, or not)....

i will get you a good, daylight pic of em.... (you can see there is a slight difference, but, its amplified by the gaping windshield.....)

sms

ps- i will confirm all the numbers with my buddy too, so i dont steer you wrong....

:4:

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
I currently have 5% on every window, besides the windshield.

Im going to go back soon and have them put anothr layer of 20% on the front sides, and a 6-8" visor.

esemes - how does the visor look? I dont want it to look lowered s-10 cheap.

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Does your tint strip on the windshield actually help?

From the picture it looks a little slim.

The MO's windshield is huge, so i definitly need tint on it, but I plan on getting a V1 soon, and don't want to compromise range. Therefore, I will probably go with a stip like you, but possibly bigger.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts