Nissan Murano Forum banner

Window won't stay up

12K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  GripperDon 
#1 ·
When I use the auto window switch for my passenger window it goes all the way up, then about 1/3 down. Nissan said the limit switch needs to be adjusted, but it would cost about $100 -- even though the car was still under warranty. They said it was an "adjustment", and adjustments are covered only until 12,000 miles. Geez!

I told them to stuff it for $100. Has anyone adjusted their window? What needs to be done? I'll do it myself if I can.

Thanks,

Pete

#2 ·
What?! Your $tealership is run by a bunch of crooks! If the windows do not function as they should, they are covered under warranty, not the "adjustment" period, which is meant to cover things like wheel alignment.

I suggest you either find another dealer, or return your current dealer and demand they repair the windows or else you will call Nissan Consumer Affairs to report them (its the 1-800 in your owners manual). Hearing stories like this about dealerships trying to trick customers makes me pretty steamed. :mad:

Good luck and keep us updated on how it goes.

#3 ·
I agree with Eric L., the dealer is just trying to weasel out of doing what is right. I would go back to the dealer and tell him that if he expects you to ever purchase a new car from him again he had better reconsider his position.

-njjoe

#4 ·
As Joe says, that's some leverage that you can use.
Suggest you mention it (Forcefully, but not nasty) to the Sales manager.

As Eric says, the damn window is broken.

Whether it takes and adjustment or the replacement of the regulator doesn't matter.

Fix the damn window, Nissan.

Homer

#5 ·
I *****ed to the service manager for no avail. Plus I contacted Nissan NA -- got no place. Now the car is out of warranty. All I want to do is get it fixed. I took it to a local repair shop where I've gone for years and they said it requires a special tool that only Nissan has. Sounds strange. It can't be that complicated. Anyone know what to do?

Pete

#6 ·
pbeinetti said:
I *****ed to the service manager for no avail. Plus I contacted Nissan NA -- got no place. Now the car is out of warranty. All I want to do is get it fixed. I took it to a local repair shop where I've gone for years and they said it requires a special tool that only Nissan has. Sounds strange. It can't be that complicated. Anyone know what to do?

Pete
Do you feel comfortable removing the door panel? Do you have the Factory Manual.

Have you tried the GM / Owner of the dealership?

Grip

#7 ·
I do not know how to fix the window, but as a last resort I would reach out to the sales department (not the service manager) at your dealership and tell them you like the 06s and are considering a new MO in the near future but have concerns with their service support. I am sure he will respond by telling you their service department is second to none. Let him know you have your doubts because they have refused to fix a relatively minor problem on your current MO. You have nothing to lose.

Good Luck.

-njjoe

#8 ·
I checked the shop manual, looks like no special tool is needed. You just need to operate the motor when it is detached from the regulator for 5 seconds. Pictures in following posts. Whoever told you a "special tool" is needed doesn't know what they are talking about.

The steps are very straightforward. Door panel comes off (you lift it up off a ledge on the metal door) with a few screws and clips (like when installing speakers). Regulator is held on by bolts and an electrical connector. In particular, refer to "Window 3 of 3" below for "reset" directions.

#9 ·
How to remove the interior door panel.

Attachments

#10 ·
Window 1 of 3.

Attachments

#11 ·
Window 2 of 3.

Attachments

#12 ·
Window 3 of 3.

Attachments

#14 ·
Yea The answer is yes.

pbeinetti said:
Thanks Eric L. -- I'll give it a try.

Pete
Glad you are confident regarding removal of door and Erik Supplied the manual ifo. I had one but it went with the MO.

Grip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.