Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't find this in any other threads, so sorry if this is a repeat.
Now that we are in the steamy summer months, I've found an annoying little quirk with the auto-up feature with the windows.
When the cabin is hot, ie: being parked all day during work. When I lower to get all the hot air out and till the A/C gets up to speed, once I go to close the windows, they go all the way to the top then act like they have hit an obstruction and open about 8 inches. In order for me to close them, I have to inch the passenger and driver side up until closed. This only happens when the cabin is extremely hot and once everything has cooled down they work normally. Do you think they need an adjustment so the auto-close is a little less tight? I hate bringing it in for any dealer work as that usually means 2+ days without my MO and a huge bill. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this little annoyance.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think it must need adjusted. It has been 90+ the last week and I have not had any problems. Good luck!!! :cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Definitely need adjusting we live in the Middle East and the temperature is now approaching 110 and our windows work fine. :1:

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Sounds like the hot temp expands a seal or something in the window guides causing a bit of obstruction. Window's "anti pinch" feature senses it and reverses direction.

When you get a chance, observe the window guides/rails very closely as you slowly roll up the windows. You may just be able to see what is pushing against the window (could be the rubber seal that has come off inside the channels and when it expands it creates a bind)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts