Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to be having a problem lately with the driver's side and passenger front windows continually fogging up. I know that this is most likely a result of the extremely high humidity that we are experiencing right now. The fogging occurs on the outside of the windows and not on the inside. This occurs mostly in the early a.m. before sunrise, since that's when I have to leave for work.

I tried setting the a/c at 60 degrees and turning on the defrost and that doesn't help much. I've also treated the outside of the windows with RainX and that has helped a little. I know that what I'm up against is one of the most basic laws of science; when warm air meets a cold surface, condensation occurs. I was just hoping that the MO's temp controls would compensate better. I had a '93 Jeep GC and I don't remember this being that much o fan issue.

Any suggestions, comments are welcome!

Thanx!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
If the outside of the windows are fogging up, it is probably because the warm humid air outside is reacting to the cold glass - because your AC is set to be very cold. Not much you can do about this since its the opposite of what usually happens in cars, which is that the inside fogs up because it is warmer than the oustide.

You must blast your AC really cold! Something you might try is aiming all your vents away from the window if they are not already aimed towards the center of the cabin.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
I had to drive into work early Sunday morning and found the same thing happening to my car. I actually had to pull over to let the windows clear up. I live in a very foggy area and usually just use my windshield wipers to temporarily clear it away...The odd part is that I had my windows down, trying to regulate the air.

I would definitely be interested in any trick that someone might have.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric

Thanks for the response!

In trying to defog the windows I actually have the side vents shooting cold air directly at the front windows. I will aim them away and see what happens.

Since it was 71 degrees this morning at 5 a.m. with relative humidity at 70 percent, I set the A/C at 60 degrees. I'm sure that contributes to part of my problem.

·
Registered
263 Posts
RE: fogging issue

Try windshield wiper fluid...?

When the car is warm-up fogging should ease...

Nizmo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts