Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
crashdump said:
I have this to add. I have a 05 mo with intellikey. I am suspecting its only the intellikey models which have the problem.
its because of those fat damn buttons. if you have any extra keys on the same key chain they hit the unlock buttons while you go about your daily business. mine also was setting off the panic alarm all the time. I nixed that by increasing the delay using a consult II at work. next I am going to disable the window roll down feature because I go outside all the time and find my windows down..


stupid nissan make the buttons recessed for gods sake!!!!!!!!!
Hmm. Not sure if this is a response to my reply directly, but I should also mention that I don't have the intellikey. I have a regular key with the key fob clicker. Or am I confused? I thought intellikey was a completely keyless system? No?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
oh I wasn't posting a reply to what you said I was just making a general comment about the issue with the windows. yes the intellikey doesn't require a key but it does require the remote "intellikey" and they have much fatter buttons which protrude and get hit very easily.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Mine was doing the very same thing!!! :eek:

I would park in the car port, then go in the house. A couple of hours later look outside and the windows were either half down or all the way down. What gives.

THEN IT DAWNED ON ME!!!:4: Hubby had the keys in his pocket. Every time he sat down at the computer in the living room, the keyfob got pressed and it would "unlock" the car and roll the windows down. After this happened 4 times, I told him to stop carrying his set of keys to MY car.

Solution: He started carrying a "manpurse" with his keys in it. The problem has not been repeated since.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
well if you can bring yourself to carry the remote without a key ring and keys on it you have solved the problem. it's the other keys or whatever on the ring that seem to make it happen. Nissan should really redesign that remote with recessed buttons.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,368 Posts
crashdump said:
well if you can bring yourself to carry the remote without a key ring and keys on it you have solved the problem. it's the other keys or whatever on the ring that seem to make it happen. Nissan should really redesign that remote with recessed buttons.
I always have my car key/remote separate from my other keys only because I heard on Cartalk once that a heavy keychain can wear out the soft metal in the ignition cylinder. Not sure if its true or not, but I'm not going to take a risk and Tom and Ray are usually correct.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,368 Posts
Re: Simliar issue, NOT operator error.

him said:
Hi everyone. I've got a similar problem, and I'm 100% positive that it's not operator error.

Often I'll hit the unlock button on my key fob (just a click, not holding it down) and when the car unlocks the windows will go down. When I'm done driving and I turn off the car, the windows automatically go back down when I open the door. Note that this happens only AFTER 1) the key is out of the ignition and 2) the door is open. For example, I can turn off the car and take the key out, but the windows will stay up until I open the door. But as soon as I open the door, the windows drop. Similarly, if I leave the key in the ignition and open the door, the windows will stay up. It's only when I remove the key that they suddenly drop down.

Once it happens, the only process I've found to get the windows to stay up (thus allowing me to leave my car knowing it's secure) is by 1) giving the car power so I can roll them up and then 2) clicking lock and then unlock, either on the key fob or the door panel. Then the windows will stay up.

Anyone have more info on this problem or any advice for dealing with the dealership? I've already brought it in and they "couldn't duplicate the problem", so nothing was done. I've taken a few videos of the problem (it happens about 30-40% of the time -- five times in a single weekend), so the next time I go in I'm going to hand them a DVD and say "There it is. Plain as day. Now fix it."

Anything else I can tell them that might help me bypass red tape or standard (slow) procedures?

I'm also considering purchasing an extended 7-year service plan from the dealer, because this doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy about the health of the car's electrical/computer systems.

Thanks much.
I think its your control fob - here is what I base it on (I might be wrong here) - the control does not work when the key is in the ignition - (go ahead and try it) - so the moment you pull the key out, the "unlock" signal on the remote is being sent out, thus rolling down the windows (the delay until you open the door seems coincidental). Again, just a guess here, but the key out of ignition and then the windows rolling down seems to be a clue. I am puzzled though how you can roll the windows up with the key out and the door open - once you open the door, the retained accessory power is shut off too.

One way to test this is to try it without the keyfob (put it as far away as possible or just take out the battery) and see if the windows still roll themselves down - this is a much easier (and less frustrating) test than taking it to the dealer and at least lets you rule out a wonky key fob.
 

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
Joined
·
4,994 Posts
Interesting Test, I vote for Wonky!

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Re: Re: Simliar issue, NOT operator error.

Eric L. said:


I think its your control fob - here is what I base it on (I might be wrong here) - the control does not work when the key is in the ignition - (go ahead and try it) - so the moment you pull the key out, the "unlock" signal on the remote is being sent out, thus rolling down the windows (the delay until you open the door seems coincidental). Again, just a guess here, but the key out of ignition and then the windows rolling down seems to be a clue. I am puzzled though how you can roll the windows up with the key out and the door open - once you open the door, the retained accessory power is shut off too.

One way to test this is to try it without the keyfob (put it as far away as possible or just take out the battery) and see if the windows still roll themselves down - this is a much easier (and less frustrating) test than taking it to the dealer and at least lets you rule out a wonky key fob.
Eric-

I'm pretty sure it's not the fobs. It happens with both my wife's and mine, and it's a completely random occurrence. E.g. It may happen five to six times over a couple of days, and then it won't happen again for a few days. Or it may just happen sporadically over a longer period.

To be clearer, here's the process I go through when it happens, and how I temporarily "fix" it:

1. Press 'unlock' on the fob to unlock doors. Front windows go down.
2. Start car and roll up windows.
3. Drive (can be a short distance or long)
4. Turn off car.
5. Take key out of ignition.
6. Open door. Front windows go down again. Note that this will also happen when I take the key out if I've already opened the door before removing the key. So it's tied to the combination of having the key out with the door open.
7. Insert key and activate battery.
8. Roll up windows.
9. Press 'lock' and 'unlock' on the key fob or on the door.
10. Remove key. Windows stay closed.
 

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
Joined
·
4,994 Posts
I think you have Gremlims

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Re: I think you have Gremlims

GripperDon said:
Hey GripperDon... This is a bit off-topic, but I just read your sig. Do you have any photos of your old NiMo? Sounds pretty snazzy!
 

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
Joined
·
4,994 Posts
Sorry out of the garage out of the Albumn

I really don't. For some reason I was never one to take a lot of pics of my autos. A shame in a way not for me but to have the car to see. I don't even have a single picture of some of the really great ones like the Masatriti BTurbo, The Austin Healy 3000, The XK120 Jag roadster, The Sebring Sprite, Either one of the MG Twin cam coupes ( now those are rare ) or even the recent ones like the G35, I only have a couple of the Phaeton even hanging around.

There were a couple of the external Mo pics on the forum, a grille and the tinted tails, and a pic or two of the xbox playing on the Nav screen.

Not a lot of pics or either me or the Grippee either, so when we are gone, it will be a bit like were were never even here, kind of like it should be, just passing through on our way to....................
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
charlotte said:
mine does not go down by itself but everytime i use the auto roll up feature it goes all the way up and then comes down.
charlotte-

A few other members have reported that very same problem. It's a problem with the anti-pinch system. The culprits are either debris in the window track or a problem with the limit switch.

-njjoe
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,226 Posts
njjoe said:

charlotte-

A few other members have reported that very same problem. It's a problem with the anti-pinch system. The culprits are either debris in the window track or a problem with the limit switch.

-njjoe
Agreed. Check the track for something that might be blocking the window, or perhaps putting too much pressure (like the seal not sitting properly in the door channel). If you don't see anything wrong, take it in to the dealer and have them play with it. I would assume (like njjoe) that it's a problem with the limiter, so it's trying to roll it up farther than the track will allow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I have worked on a few nissans that have a reset switch on the window motor itself. its sorta like a sensor "limit switch" that detects full bottom and full top window position. could be this switch could malfunction and cause window to roll down. when I take a glass out or the track and motor assembly sometimes I have to reset that button on the motor when I put it all back together. way you do it is get the window all the way up then hold the button down and roll it down repeat process going up. if you don't do this the window wont stay up it just keeps rolling back down. but I don't know if the murano has this. I seen it on the back window on a titan and some of the other Nissan cars.
I also know there is something built into the door lock on quests that if the door handle is taken off along with the lock servo the windows go down if you close the door with them up. don't know why it does heh but it tells me if the door lock servo ever had a problem your windows might go down..

just some ideas...

we getting rouges very soon.
the next shipment from Japan. wooo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Hi, I've been having a similar problem lately and I'm hoping to get people's take on it. I have a 2007 Murano with the Intellikey Fat keyfob.

I know that holding the unlock button lowers both front windows and I use feature this all the time intentionally.

However, twice in the last month I've woken up to find both front windows lowered and I'd certainly never leave them down intentionally, as I park outside on the street, near park sprinklers.

The first time I thought it was just my own error and I possibly lowered them accidentally via the keyfob, though I had my doubts as after I park, I don't place my keys into my pocket but simply hold them and place them on my desk when inside.

Then this morning it happened again and my interior is a bit wet from the sprinklers!

What made me think it wasn't me doing this accidentally was the fact that when I got to my car this morning, both windows were down, but the doors were locked. I'm sure they were locked because I reached into my car, pushed the unlock key on the door panel, and set the alarm off when I tried opening the door.


Normally when I operate the remote window lowering, after the windows are lowered, the driver door is UNlocked (since it's holding down the unlock button). So I assume if the mysterious window lowering was my fault by pressing the keyfob, the driver door would have been unlocked.

The only thing I can think of (besides some kind of failure, bad signals, etc.) is that I'm accidentally lowering the windows by pressing on the keyfob, THEN once they're completely down, hitting the lock button to lock the doors. This probably sounds like the most 'logical' conclusion, but with the way I handle my keys after getting out, going inside, it actually seems tough to pull off for me.

Even though I usually never carry keys in my pocket when getting home, if I were to, I'd only have them in my pocket from the 30 second walk from outside my house to inside, meaning all this would occur during that time. But then I'd also hear the lock horn go off if indeed I rolled down the windows, then pushed the lock button.

Once I'm inside, I just set the keys on my desk and nothing pushes up against the fob. And even if it did, I'd hear the lock horn go off immediately after it was depressed (it indeed something on my desk or the desk itself was pushing it). I don't think it'd make sense for the buttons to suddenly get depressed on my desk in the middle of the night (so I wouldn't hear the horn during sleep) if they weren't depressed upon immediate contact with the desk.

I'm hoping it's just my own error instead of a bigger problem, but I'm hoping others have some thoughts or have had similar experiences with fixes, etc. I love the car, but phantom window rolling in a public place is a bit tough to handle!

Thanks!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,368 Posts
dohmai said:
Hi, I've been having a similar problem lately and I'm hoping to get people's take on it. I have a 2007 Murano with the Intellikey Fat keyfob.

I know that holding the unlock button lowers both front windows and I use feature this all the time intentionally.

However, twice in the last month I've woken up to find both front windows lowered and I'd certainly never leave them down intentionally, as I park outside on the street, near park sprinklers.

The first time I thought it was just my own error and I possibly lowered them accidentally via the keyfob, though I had my doubts as after I park, I don't place my keys into my pocket but simply hold them and place them on my desk when inside.

Then this morning it happened again and my interior is a bit wet from the sprinklers!

What made me think it wasn't me doing this accidentally was the fact that when I got to my car this morning, both windows were down, but the doors were locked. I'm sure they were locked because I reached into my car, pushed the unlock key on the door panel, and set the alarm off when I tried opening the door.


Normally when I operate the remote window lowering, after the windows are lowered, the driver door is UNlocked (since it's holding down the unlock button). So I assume if the mysterious window lowering was my fault by pressing the keyfob, the driver door would have been unlocked.

The only thing I can think of (besides some kind of failure, bad signals, etc.) is that I'm accidentally lowering the windows by pressing on the keyfob, THEN once they're completely down, hitting the lock button to lock the doors. This probably sounds like the most 'logical' conclusion, but with the way I handle my keys after getting out, going inside, it actually seems tough to pull off for me.

Even though I usually never carry keys in my pocket when getting home, if I were to, I'd only have them in my pocket from the 30 second walk from outside my house to inside, meaning all this would occur during that time. But then I'd also hear the lock horn go off if indeed I rolled down the windows, then pushed the lock button.

Once I'm inside, I just set the keys on my desk and nothing pushes up against the fob. And even if it did, I'd hear the lock horn go off immediately after it was depressed (it indeed something on my desk or the desk itself was pushing it). I don't think it'd make sense for the buttons to suddenly get depressed on my desk in the middle of the night (so I wouldn't hear the horn during sleep) if they weren't depressed upon immediate contact with the desk.

I'm hoping it's just my own error instead of a bigger problem, but I'm hoping others have some thoughts or have had similar experiences with fixes, etc. I love the car, but phantom window rolling in a public place is a bit tough to handle!

Thanks!
I don't know if the intelligent key models have the "autolock" feature, but its possible the same signal that is causing your windows to go down is also unlocking your doors, but because they were not opened in a certain amt of time, they relocked. My moldy oldie 03 model has this feature.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Eric L. said:


I don't know if the intelligent key models have the "autolock" feature, but its possible the same signal that is causing your windows to go down is also unlocking your doors, but because they were not opened in a certain amt of time, they relocked. My moldy oldie 03 model has this feature.
Hrm, I don't think my model has an autolock feature, but I will test it out. I remember leaving my doors unlocked (and never opening) for quite some time without it autolocking. How long before your autolock kicks in?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,368 Posts
dohmai said:


Hrm, I don't think my model has an autolock feature, but I will test it out. I remember leaving my doors unlocked (and never opening) for quite some time without it autolocking. How long before your autolock kicks in?
The autolock only works with the following scenario.

1) Car already locked
2) You unlock it with the control
3) You don't open any of the doors
4) After a set interval (like two minutes), doors will automatically relock

This is the only situation where autolock will work, its not the same as "passive locking" which will automatically lock the doors after a set amount of time regardless of what is going on.

The owners manual might have a better description.
 
21 - 40 of 53 Posts
Top