Nissan Murano Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
haha yea that's what is going on I bet.

I am going to turn that feature of the windows off pretty soon on my 05. with the consult you can config a lot of things that you cant without it.
maybe I will write down all the options and post them here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Eric L. said:

The autolock only works with the following scenario.

1) Car already locked
2) You unlock it with the control
3) You don't open any of the doors
4) After a set interval (like two minutes), doors will automatically relock

This is the only situation where autolock will work, its not the same as "passive locking" which will automatically lock the doors after a set amount of time regardless of what is going on.

The owners manual might have a better description.
thanks for the info! i tested the car's autolock feature, and, indeed, it does autolock itself after a few minutes of not opening a door...

so even though i'm still not sure, i'm going to chalk this up to operator use and accidentally depressing the keyfob
(for now) and will keep an eye on future mysterious roll downs

thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update

I brought my '05 SL into my local dealer on Tuesday evening and told them to try to duplicate my window issue MORE THAN ONCE. They've looked at the problem before, but after a few clicks of the fob they gave up and said "couldn't duplicate problem". So this time around they're taking a closer look. So far they've found a faulty lock switch (I think that's what it was) which, they explained, could cause the windows to go down when using the key manually or by using the fob because the car THINKS the switch is being held for longer than two seconds.

It's been replaced, and the car is ready, but they're keeping it an extra day to run more tests. So I feel a little better about that. We'll see if all is well when I pick it up tomorrow evening!

Fingers crossed...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Windows with their own mind?

I had that happen once while at a motel at the ocean. Went for a walk at the beach, Came back and both windows were down.
Never happened again. Must have been aliens messing with it.:D Darrell.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Re: Windows with their own mind?

dborla01 said:
I had that happen once while at a motel at the ocean. Went for a walk at the beach, Came back and both windows were down.
Never happened again. Must have been aliens messing with it.:D Darrell.
That was just your MO wanting some nice fresh ocean breezes!! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Window Issue Fixed!

Just following up on my earlier post so others who may be having the same issue can tell their dealership.

It turns out my window issue was due to a disconnected/broken lock bar (?) in the door. They didn't really give me any explanation beyond that, but all I know is the car is fixed now, save for a small squeak that remains from the work they did.

It's a relief it wasn't an electrical "gremlin".

Thanks to all who offered advice...

Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Windows with minds of their own!

I have had the problem of the "mysterious windows down" in my 2006 Murano, after leaving it locked and secured in our driveway, a couple of times. I have read a few of the possible reasons on this site, but my husband heard on the radio, tonight, that there may be another explaination... Apparently, cell phones may be the culprit. He heard on Clark Howard that if an intellikey is too close to a cell phone that it may interfere with the signals and could cause the intellikey signal to be eraced, requiring both the intellikey and the vehicle to have to be reprogrammed. Has anyone else heard of anything like this?

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
cmoyer said:
if an intellikey is too close to a cell phone that it may interfere with the signals and could cause the intellikey signal to be eraced, requiring both the intellikey and the vehicle to have to be reprogrammed. Has anyone else heard of anything like this?
First, welcome to the forum.....:)

Second, I believe this has been mentioned here before, I also understand the owners manual mentions this too but I have not seen i.

However, I don't think this has anything to do with the windows rolling down by themselves. I think, with few exceptions, most of these are caused by the buttons on the fob being pressed accidentaly.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had a gremlin in my '07 last winter. I looked out the window and saw my windows down. I went out and "rolled" them up. As I walked back in the house, they went down again. I rolled them back up for a 2nd time.

The third time they went down as I was sitting in the car. Man, this is a Saturday. Can't even call the dealership until Monday. It is raining and snowing. I am in serious trouble here.

All of a sudden the car beeped and the doors unlocked and the windows went down.

Lightbulb!!!

Asked husband if he had his key fob with him. Yup, he did. He kept pressing on the fob as he was bending over to get something. Needless to say, I took the fob away from him.

END OF PROBLEMS.

Dianne

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Simliar issue, NOT operator error.

him said:
Hi everyone. I've got a similar problem, and I'm 100% positive that it's not operator error.

Often I'll hit the unlock button on my key fob (just a click, not holding it down) and when the car unlocks the windows will go down. When I'm done driving and I turn off the car, the windows .....

Anyone have more info on this problem ....
You bet I do! It resulted into my truck being robbed TWICE in one night.

I thought I had left it unlocked until I read this post and reflected on how many times BOTH windows have been found open 1" or down part or all the way. Sometimes it happens while I'm watching, sometimes not.

And just this morning (I work in the office at night) I found the windows open a bit. But at least now I take everying out of the truck.

The cop thought I was stupid to leave it unlocked, I didnt! Its this damn window thing.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Re: Re: Simliar issue, NOT operator error.

Originally posted by lanceorndorff And just this morning (I work in the office at night) I found the windows open a bit. But at least now I take everying out of the truck.

The cop thought I was stupid to leave it unlocked, I didnt! Its this damn window thing. [/B]
I have a suggestion. You MO came with two keyfobs, right? Take you current keyfob and put it away. Take the second keyfob and use it as you normally do. If the problem goes away then it is a problem with the original keyfob.

Here's another thought. If the problem only occurs in one location (i.e. work OR home) and nowhere else, then maybe there are spurious signals in that particular area that are causing the UNLOCK feature to activate.

Just my two cents....

-njjoe

·
Registered
1 Posts
It happens with both key fobs. My wife has one and I have the other. Mine usually stays in the house as I take the train to work every day. But the problem occurs when she's at work, at the store... basically anywhere. But it also happens when we just have my key fob. For example, this past weekend we went out of town and it happened at least five times that I can remember over three days.

Annoying to say the least.

I should also mention that the last time I took the car in to have them look at this problem, I gave them both key fobs and asked them to check them both out. They said nothing was wrong and that they couldn't replicate the problem.

Looks like it's back to presenting them with a DVD! :-\

Thanks,

Patrick
Did you find the solution? I have the same problem on my Nissan Murano 2006

41 - 52 of 52 Posts