Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, let me start off by saying that I am NOT crazy, I do not do drugs nor do I take any medications.

That said, I'm having a totally wierd problem with my MO. On several occasions, I have walked out of the house to get in the car and the windows were open. Yes, rolled all the way down.

I do not open the windows at all (except for ordering a cup of coffee at a drive thru). Living in Florida, I keep the A/C on and the windows up at all times.

This morning the windows were again rolled all the way down, there were cat footprints all over the seats and the car was loaded with mosquitoes. As bad as we need rain down here, I'm certainly glad it did not rain last night.

Yes, I'm definitely taking this one to the dealer.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Wierd, huh? :eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Accidentally pressing unlock button?

Caribeansoul:

Just make sure that where ever you are leaving the keys the "unlock" button is not being pressed. If you did not know you can lower the front windows by pressing the unlock button of the intelligent key..

Good luck!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Caribeansoul-

It's too bad Cacique gave you the correct answer. I was planning on telling you the car was possessed and that you needed drugs and medication to exorcise it. :2:

Check out the excerpt from the owners manual:

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OMG and WOW and LOL to the exorcism joke.

Thanks to both of you.

I was (secretly) blaming it on my thirteen year old daughter because everytime this has happened she was the last one to get into the car at night for something she had left in it.

She must be using the intelligent key to unlock the car, whereas I only use the button on the door handle.

Guess it is time for me to sit down, have a few beers and read the owner's manual

Thanks folks!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I discovered this by accident myself w/o the manual so I guess your idea of reading the manual while drinking a beer sounds good. Better yet how about a Pina Colada! Cheers!!:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same thing has happened to me three times. First time it happened I saw the lights flash and the windows roll down. The driver's window would roll up but not the passenger's side. I was on a road trip and found a dealer about five minutes before they locked up for the night. He told me to use the metal key-turn it forward and then back. That overrode the system and the window would go down. It did. said that somehow I must have pushed both the buttons on the intelligent key and that confused everything. The next night it happened again except that neither window would roll up without the key. I concluded that when the key was in my pocket the lock unlock buttons must have been pushed. The next night I took the key out of my pocket. Carefully laid it on the table(with the buttons up)-checked to insure that the windows were up. A couple of hours later they were down and again could not get them up without the metal key. Talked to the dealer who said only way this could happen is if key is malfunctioning-but can't fix it unless thay can replilcate. ??????

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same thing has happened to me three times. First time it happened I saw the lights flash and the windows roll down. The driver's window would roll up but not the passenger's side. I was on a road trip and found a dealer about five minutes before they locked up for the night. He told me to use the metal key-turn it forward and then back. That overrode the system and the window would go down. It did. said that somehow I must have pushed both the buttons on the intelligent key and that confused everything. The next night it happened again except that neither window would roll up without the key. I concluded that when the key was in my pocket the lock unlock buttons must have been pushed. The next night I took the key out of my pocket. Carefully laid it on the table(with the buttons up)-checked to insure that the windows were up. A couple of hours later they were down and again could not get them up without the metal key. Talked to the dealer who said only way this could happen is if key is malfunctioning-but can't fix it unless thay can replilcate. ??????

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
sullivac said:
sullivac-

There is an easy way to determine if that particular Intelligent Key is at fault. Remove the battery from the suspect key fob and use the second Intelligent Key for a while. (If you don't want the hassle of removing the battery, keep the key at least 50 feet away from the MO.) If the problem persists then you can rule out the battery-less key. If the problem goes away, then the key is defective and should be replaced by the dealer.

Give it a shot.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
caribbeansoul said:
First, let me start off by saying that I am NOT crazy, I do not do drugs nor do I take any medications.

That said, I'm having a totally wierd problem with my MO. On several occasions, I have walked out of the house to get in the car and the windows were open. Yes, rolled all the way down.

-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<------8<----
I thought I was going whaco when mine did it the other day. But thanks to this
posting I now understand it was fob getting pushed by other things in my pocket.
I just couldn't figure out how both windows down about 1/4 the way, exactly the same....
One more COOL thing I can add to my list that the MO has!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts