Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched this as well as I can and have found nothing. I joined this forum to ask this question. Can anyone direct me to specifications for windshield and/or window glass in the Murano, or even better differences in same among trim levels. I am interested in how quiet a Murano is and would like to know if looking at a more upscale trim might be beneficial from an interior noise standpoint.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I don't think there's any difference in the type of glass among trim levels.

I don't know what year Murano you're interested in, but here's an article that mentions the acoustic glass and other sound deadening features in the 2019 Murano:

Here's the Google search I used:

·
Registered
589 Posts
I had only searched that article for acoustic glass, and didn't look at the rest of it until now.

There are some really different and much more modern looking interiors interspersed in the article, and I can't seem to find their explanation for it...

·
Super Moderator
7,985 Posts
I'm not aware that there are any differences in glass based on the model.

Why not call a glass shop and see what they know? Or call a dealer?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I also don't think there are any differences in acoustics between trims. There are quite a few reviews and such out there like the one above that mention how quiet the Murano is. I have found it to be quiet and and pleasant to drive etc. Tires make a difference in road noise. 18's will produce less road noise than 20's

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To all who replied, thank you. I had not tried a search using acoustic in the search phrase. I will stop at a glass dealer when I am in the neighborhood of one. Quite frankly I would not rely on what a dealer said unless it was a tech who actually does replacements. I appreciate the comments about overall quiet. It's funny; I am getting older, hear worse than ever, but appreciated quiet in a car more than ever.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think all the Murano trims have the same stuff. The difference is purely in the extra toys. The Murano itself is meant to be a more luxurious crossover than the Rogue or Pathfinder.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not much difference glass wise but active noise cancelling may be the only feature that can vary from trim if it has it

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm not aware of any Murano having active noise cancellation...

I did a quick Google search and noticed the 2019 Maxima has it though.

I wonder if it's something that can be added for a reasonable price...

I'm going to do some research into this. I'd love the diminish the only sound that I find obtrusive in my '19 Murano, the resonance @ ~1000 rpm...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm not aware of any Murano having active noise cancellation...

I did a quick Google search and noticed the 2019 Maxima has it though.

I wonder if it's something that can be added for a reasonable price...

I'm going do some research into this. I'd love the diminish the only sound that I find obtrusive in my '19 Murano, the resonance @ ~1000 rpm...
It’s a feature I wish my 2019 had (although it is quieter than my 18 Rogue). It’s not super annoying or anything but I notice the sound more after I’ve drive my mom’s 2019 Buick Enclave (love the smooth ride and the noise cancelling silence...not enough to accept the annoying auto-stop feature though 😂)

·
Registered
485 Posts
No active noise cancelling and very little if any sound deadening material. I added some to my platinum. I was very surprised to see its just bare metal inside.

·
Registered
83 Posts
very correct, some people come from 18in wheels and state that the murano is very quiet, i myself totally disagree although i have a platinum with 20 in wheels. road noise is very noticeable extremely noisy compared to the Lexus RX 350 but better than its other competitors. Also may have to do with my new tires but they came on teh car when i got it so ill ride them out.

·
Super Moderator
7,985 Posts
Tires make a big difference both in road noise and in handling. Generally, the more aggressive the tread the more noise, but it also depends on the road surface.

Lexus makes their vehicles better insulated against noise than Nissan...it's part of what Lexus is about.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have searched this as well as I can and have found nothing. I joined this forum to ask this question. Can anyone direct me to specifications for windshield and/or window glass in the Murano, or even better differences in same among trim levels. I am interested in how quiet a Murano is and would like to know if looking at a more upscale trim might be beneficial from an interior noise standpoint.
I do believe there is no diff between trims. How quite it is, its all depends what is your current drive?
If its premium class, you might not like it, at least I can’t stand this car (my wife drives it) if you drive old mainstream car, you might be ok.
Tires also makes a huge difference, 20 vs 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts