Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dagnabit truck kicked up a rock and cracked my windshield. It’s not in an area that distracts from driving, bottom passenger side, but it’s there. I had safe lite come and repair to prevent further spreading. That was $75 with insurance discount. They wanted $375 for a new windshield. Would you all have gotten the repair or new windshield replacement?

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well that one is going to grow once winter sets in. Water will get in there, freeze and expand, you live in Chicago! Changing out a windshield is a lot easier in the summer or fall so I would do it during those months.

Also, my wife picked up a rock on her 2009 once so we called Safelite and they changed it out in the comfort of my garage at that time. When she drove it afterward she said somethings not right, that there was a wavy imperfection right at eye level on the drivers side. I called Safelite and they came out and agreed, and said it needed to be replaced by them, at no charge. After 2 weeks they called back and they said they use non-oem glass and ALL of them had the same imperfection! But he got his manager to approve the replacement windshield with glass from Nissan, so they that's something you may want to insist on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think it’s hit or miss whether they expand & crack further. I have several on my 02 f-150 beater. None have cracked over many years. Same with my daughters rouge. Daughter in laws chevy has a starburst that cracked all the way across in a week.

·
Registered
896 Posts
My 09 had a nice chip in the windshield Safelite came down and did their magic and you couldn’t tell where it was Not one issue afterwards And my insurance covered it 100%

·
Registered
86 Posts
I live where they use small gravel in the winter on the roads. It's almost impossible to go a full year without a crack. Have had dozens repaired by a glass shop I trust. Key is to get it done quick. My experience is that the shop wouldn't repair it if they didn't think it would last. My shop has always told me if they could repair it successfully. You should be good to go. Pocket those savings.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. Keeping my fingers crossed that I won’t have to replace the whole windshield. Wondering if the there is anything out there that can help in stopping the rocks from hitting so hard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts