Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2003 murano's windshield is cracked and the damage is spreading. I got a windshield repair kit, but it doesn't work very well.

any idea of how to fix it. is it covered in 3 year warranty ?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
If nothing hit the glass and it randomly began to crack then maybe its covered under warranty. However, I am willing to bet it got hit by a highway pebble or something - in that case your insurance might cover it.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Most insurance companies have a $100 deductible for windshields. I now have 2 chips in my windshield and it's hardly a month old. If they get to be visable, I will have it replaced.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Be careful as cold water will make the crack spread. Also, check with companies that can repair cracked glass because there are limits that they can successfully repair them. Other than that, you'll probably be looking at around $500 for a new windshield with it being so new....maybe only through the dealer at this point. If this is the case, one comprehensive claim on your insurance won't raise your rates. If they do raise them, you need to drop them anyways, because you are paying every month for things like this to happen.

My .02

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I got a small but noticable chip on my MO just 2 days after purchase. I saw the pebble coming at me like slow motion and blam!

I didn't want to have the entire windschield replaced being a new car but I did have it repaired. They inject some "stuff" into the chip.

There is still a small pit there but it is smaller and accetable in my book. I was on the passenger side so I can live with it. If it was on my side I would have had to had the windschield replaced. My insurance covers either type of work.

·
Registered
100 Posts
There's no deductible with my Insurance Company for windshield replacement. I'm allotted one replacement per calender year. The windshield on my previous vehicle was no longer smooth. Over the years it had begun to warp slightly. My mechanic asked me if I wanted him to break it for me. I said no, of course.

But I thought I was going to have to have a replacement window for the MO installed only 1 week after I got the vehicle. I was driving down the highway when a very large sheet of ice came flying off a truck up ahead. It was slow motion like Gonzo had said. Almost surreal but yet not enough time to react. BLAM! The thing hit my windshield and made the loudest news I've ever heard. I was lucky, the windshield held and didn't even crack.

·
the rally racing nut
83 Posts
we had ours cracked from a rock being hurled from the tires of a a semi we were following with less than 5k on it. The dealer replaced the windshield under warranty, but we had to wait 3 weeks to get it as it seemed to be one of the first windshields requested for such a new car at the time (we got it jan of 03 i think).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts