Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
How have people handled the glare from the dash?
Hi Conn1, I see you are new here. Welcome.
Your problem most likely stems from a shinny protector-ant that you have applied to the dashboard. Armor-all, Son of Gun, or some similiar product. I will only use a damp cloth for a wipe down or a car duster. If you want to use a product, try a "low sheen" type.
You will see that on the label's.

As far as your posting, you may want to delete the carbon copy post under General Questions as most of the people on this forum go to the "read new posts" option. Your's will show up twice and it is much better to keep your Q&A in one thread.
:)
Bob1

·
5,244 Posts
Try to use polarizing sun glasses. It makes wonders. I know, I've been doing it for years.

I know it is not a real solution, though it worked for me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
side window glare

The only glare problem I have is on the driver side window. The latte interior glare on the window makes it virtually impossible to see in the rear side mirror at times. Not sure what to do about it.

·
5,244 Posts
Re: side window glare

jballchat said:
The only glare problem I have is on the driver side window. The latte interior glare on the window makes it virtually impossible to see in the rear side mirror at times. Not sure what to do about it.
try polarizing sun glassess

·
Registered
22 Posts
Glare

I bought a dashmat it not only cuts glare but protects the dash from cracking long trem in the hot sun. It also keeps things from sliding around on the dash.:cool: :cool:

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Glare??? What glare?

I have a Coffee Late interior and the glare is not bad. Honestly, I did not remember any problems with it until I saw your post. What color interior do you have?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Re: Glare??? What glare?

ditto, we had a Volvo which had glare so bad off of the dash under certain condtions, you had to get out of the car and look to see how close you were to an object.

The MO has been fine (latte).

Murano_driver said:
I have a Coffee Late interior and the glare is not bad. Honestly, I did not remember any problems with it until I saw your post. What color interior do you have?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have the charcoal interior and have never really noticed any glare. I use 303 protectant on the dash for protection. It leaves a nice satin finish. I wipe it on and then buff it with a dry clean microfiber towel. As far as I know the MO's, windshield is already polarized to reduce glare outside the vehicle.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Get yourself a pair of polarized sunglasses. Cuts the glare to nothing.

I've got a black interior, and the glare can get pretty bad at times, mostly right after I clean the dash. Once I put on my shades, I can barely even see it.

I guess the other solution would be to let the dust pile up!

·
5,244 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have glare from the black dash. I don't use any shiny protectant either.

Polarized sunglasses do the trick. no complaints.

·
5,244 Posts
zebelkhan said:

Funny that conn1 (thread starter) has only two posts, and both of them are the same...:D

Not really.

1st one:
windshield glare
How have people handled the glare from the dash?

2nd.
help with glare
What has everyone done to help with the glare from the dash?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts