Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 8 months old 2004, and I have several white spots on my windshield that are very hard to clean, they are very noticeable on the areas that the wipers does not cover.

Any suggestion to clean or polisk the windshield??

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I use glass wax

It makes dust so I won't use it inside, BUT, on the outside there is absolutely no spotting left after it.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I use Rain-X on all my windows... I love the stuff. I find that I hardly use my wippers on the highway... this will not clean the spots off but perhaps keep them from forming in the first place.

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your recomendation, I live in Costa Rica and is easy to get the RainX, but not the Glass Wax, Ill be going to US by the end of January, is there any special store where I can find the Glass Wax?.

I think the combination of the two products will do a great job!

·
Registered
781 Posts
You can also use a very mild rubbing compound. Glass is much harder to scratch than one might think.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Approach it in two steps.
Why white spots?
What caused this?
Your water?
Sounds like mineral deposits. In other words you have very "hard" water.

Lotsa things can be used to remove them.
If they have not etched the glass, just plain old white vinegar should take them off.
If they have etched the glass, then a Glass Polish should be used.
Zaino makes a good one. I'm sure others do too.
This is not a cleaner but a polish.

After you have it clean then you need to protect the windshield.
I use Rain X all the time.
But I have no idea if it protects against mineral deposits. I use it so that I see better in the rain.

But that's the idea.
Something that will coat the window with an optically pure finish may prevent the minerals from getting to your glass. An hopefully will make the cleaning easier.

Either Rain X or the Glass wax may work.

If it is caused by your house water when you wash your car, you need to find a way to "soften" that water.
This can be done by adding a couple of drops of mild dish washing soap per gallon to your final rinse. Many stores sell a device that will allow you to "pick up" some liquid while you use your hose. Some people use this kind of arrangement to spray a liquid fertilizer on plants but it could be used to add just a little soap to your final rinse.

Hope these ideas help.

Homer

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Check out the posts on wash or not thread.!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts