Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought mine from Grubbs (courtesyauto mentioned above). It's high quality and fits perfectly. I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
not quite perfect fit?

I got the same one... and am happy enough with it I guess...

But then again, maybe its just me needing something to complain about, but it seems like all the effort they went thru to make this thing "custom" fit the window came up a little short... literally.

Maybe when its brand new, flat, never been rolled it fits just right... but once its been rolled, all the creases in the foil mean its never as wide as it should be...

When I install mine... it comes up about 1/2 an inch short on each side... but the gap is even worse because the edges curl down... so if its really sunny out I get these two thin inch wide beams of light hitting down on the edges of my dash...

Not likely to be a problem... but I can't help but have these images of a skinny little faded line on each side of my dash a year or two now...

Couldn't they have made this thing about an inch wider so the edges woud actually tuck in against the window?

Anyone try the folding one from AutoAnything? Does it fit better?

The rolled up one from CourtesyParts is huge too... tho the folding one doesn't appear to be any smaller... too bad someone can't design something that fits the large window but still folds down to something nice and compact.

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
According to the info I found on electrochromatic windows, it only takes a low voltage charge to darken the windows and then another charge to reverse the darkness . You do not need a sustained charge to keep them dark.. This would mean that power consumption would be very minimal. Also you can control how dark you wanted the windows depending on the charge applied, so you would be able to have them slightly tinted in the day and then untint them at night. Just imagine for those of us in states where it is illegal to have your front side windows tinted, seeing a cop and then with the touch of a button untinting your windows. Even if you got pulled over you could make the cop think he was crazy...."what tinted windows officer?"....lol :cool: ahhhh to dream.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts