Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought the custom fit sun shade for the Murano?

They do come in handy on these dog days of summer with 106+ heat indexs!:cool:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yes I have one. Fits and works nice.
But it is rolled vs. folded which makes it a little hard to put in window. But I'm nit-pick'n.

·
101 Posts
Fits perfectly

I bought the sunscreen to help cut down on the greenhouse effect. It does so nicely, too. The mirror finish really helps reflect the sunlight and heat. I felt a huge difference in temperature with and without the sunshield. It fits perfectly covering the entire windshield. Folding down the sunvisors helps hold the sunshield against the windshield. It does roll-up into a rather large tube (secured by a velcro tape strip) which is a bit cumbersome to store if you've got a full load of people and/or cargo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anybody have a part number?

I'd like to get one of these sunshades in prep for the long, hot summer.

Are these Nissan products? If so could someone reply with a part number....my dealer can't find one.

If not a Nissan part - where did you purchase your shade?

Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i got mine on ebay for about $35. takes about a week to get. very nice though, fits windshield perfectly. it is big, though, but it is a big widshield.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have one for sale...

Works like a charm. Mine is reflective on one side, white on the other. It keeps the interior very cool on sunny days and it fits the windshield perfectly. Mine rolls intead of folds, but it has the velcro strap that helps keep it rolled when you're not using it.

If you're interested in it, drop me an email or PM me. I have all my Murano stuff sitting around not doing anything...

Bob

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
ALso got mine at Courtesy Parts. Works great and fits like a glove. Only draw back as mentioned above is that it is quite large when rolled up but if you want a one piece I guess you don't have a choice.

At my local auto supply store here I did find a pair of those folding shades which did work well but even with the extra large size it was a bit too small. The shade from Courtesy Parts is great and would recommend it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have one of those shades that colapses from 2 big disks to 1 small disk for storage. It's one piece. I use it in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I'll see if it fits in the MO tonight.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The double disk does not fit quite as good as the mirrored rollup one. It's perfect unless storage is an issue, I just toss it in the back seat, if anyone is sitting back there (rarely), they toss into the cargo area. Its function outweighs the inconvenience of stowing it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
This is the one I have for my Jeep.

Spring Action™ Shade

- Pops open and folds down automatically
- In one, dual-ringed, connected nylon shade
- In various colors and 2 sizes
- Sold under sublicense to
- U.S. patent no. 4,815,784

·
Registered
116 Posts
The double disk does not fit quite as good as the mirrored rollup one. It's perfect unless storage is an issue, I just toss it in the back seat, if anyone is sitting back there (rarely), they toss into the cargo area. Its function outweighs the inconvenience of stowing it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've gotten and used the Nissan roll-up sun shield and love it. I also would recommend the dash mat as well. It cut's the heat tremendously.

Of course it's only 107 or 108 today here in Phoenix...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thats it then, I also live in Phoenix, and will definetly go and order the Windshield sunshade from coutesy, is it worth while getting the ventvisor wind deflectors also ??? :1:

·
Registered
466 Posts
I live in Las Vegas and use the Courtesy window shade as well. It doesn't sag when it heats up. My Lancer has a custom one similar in looks, but is made by a different manufacturer. The Lancer one sags when it gets over 100 degrees out. The Murano one doesnt.

As far as keeping the heat out, I believe it does a tremendous job.

·
Registered
65 Posts
mtetzlaff said:
I've gotten and used the Nissan roll-up sun shield and love it. I also would recommend the dash mat as well. It cut's the heat tremendously.

Of course it's only 107 or 108 today here in Phoenix...
How is the fit for the dashmat on the Murano? What I would like is a dashmat that covers just the flat part of the front dash.

Does the Dashmat for the Murano drop down and cover the front part of the dash as well?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts