Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed my windshield wiper blades, I still had the originals. :)

Can you refill/replace the rubber strip on the blades? If not, can they be recycled? There is a lot of plastic on these things and seems like a waste to toss them in the garbage.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I recently changed my windshield wiper blades, I still had the originals. :)

Can you refill/replace the rubber strip on the blades? If not, can they be recycled? There is a lot of plastic on these things and seems like a waste to toss them in the garbage.
I actually have no idea but you might check with your municipality or your local dealer.

·
Registered
959 Posts
No, you can't.

Reactions: mos2009murano

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have looked to buy replacement blades for my 15 and had no luck. Had to but full new wipers and I use RainX Latitude. A bit more money then others but work great in all weather and we get it all here in NJ.

·
Registered
122 Posts
so i bought apair of bridgestone blades from costco here in canada. they are very well priced at 9.99$ a piece. i removed the factory blade and tried to get the replacement blade on.
I could get the passenger side to "click" in but could not get the drivers side to.
the stock blades dont actually have to click in place. they have a plastic "hinged cap" that you snap down, opposite to where the blade gets entered into the wiper arm and that hinged cap secures it in place.
i've changed wiper blades on several vehicles without any issues but for some reason could not get the replacements to work well.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I had no issues switching blades to winter and back, but I purchased them from the dealer. Most places will put them on for you when you buy it from them.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Some aftermarket blades will not click, I beleive I had the same issue.
But it was secure enough for me not to worry that it will come off

Reactions: Michael Martin

·
Registered
774 Posts
so i bought apair of bridgestone blades from costco here in canada. they are very well priced at 9.99$ a piece. i removed the factory blade and tried to get the replacement blade on.
I could get the passenger side to "click" in but could not get the drivers side to.
the stock blades dont actually have to click in place. they have a plastic "hinged cap" that you snap down, opposite to where the blade gets entered into the wiper arm and that hinged cap secures it in place.
i've changed wiper blades on several vehicles without any issues but for some reason could not get the replacements to work well.
Bridgestone blades...I'm from Canada too but the wiper blades I bought at Costco last September for my wife's Juke were Michelin. Perhaps this is a new offering?

·
Registered
87 Posts

not to bang on ur buck lol, but the cheaper the blade the more "universal" they are and should be coming with multiple different clip ons. I worked a little part time at Autozone as management and learned a lot. I just replaced mine with Bosch Icon, $24 & $28 and they where easy slide old ones off snap new ones on they both easily clicked and i was on my way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts