Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question...since it is cold out now and temps in my area are in the teens and 20's I have noticed my windshield wiper nozzles arent working. I have looked and the fluid in the resivoir is not frozen as well as I have 0 degree and below solution in it ,but still no fluid coming out. I also thought that this car had heated winsheild wipers am I wrong? My question is, is the fluid somewhere in the lines frozen or is my windshield fluid system broken? Has anyone else had this issue at this time?

Thanks in advance !!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry must have missed that model......

CVeeT said:
Heated windshied vipers, that option is in 2010 year Murano. Did you get the futuristic murano :4:
:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Do you hear the washer pump motor engaging? Does it spray out when you try to wash the rear windows? If you can hear the motor but no spray, then the tubes are probably clogged.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah, listen for the pump. If you go to spray the windshield and you hear the pump (whrrrrr) but no juice, then the tubes are clogged (or maybe disconnected!). Either way, take her to your dealership.

And no, the wipers are not heated. The "futuristic Murano" was a joke ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no whrrrrr

No i dont hear a whrrrr but i can listen for it more closely i spose. I know that there is no heated wiper model, i think my college degree did me a little better than that. I was reffering to some cars have heated windshield nozzle tips so that it prevents it from freezing, I assumed that since we have such bad-ass MOs that these too would maybe have heated nozzles. But you know what happens when you ASS-u-ME

"Take my advice....I never use it anyways"
unknown

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hehe. Yeah. The wipers are a bit of a goof on the Murano... I find that hte sprayer does not spray high enough, but the windows get pretty clean regardless. Just takes more juice. But EVERY owner will complain that the wipers are a pain to remove or clean beneath. They cannot be 'propped up' like on other cars because they sit so low under the hood :/

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have had problems with freezing wash fluid nozzles too I have found the trick is to use them often. What seems to happen is snow melt or rain or water from car washes runs down the tubes and freezes. A little bit of heat on the nozzzles and you are back in business.

I just run them for a second after I wash my MO and they work.

A back flow check valve on the line would probably help by keeping fluid up at the nozzles.

Anyone know if you can buy heated nozzles?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
eager said:
I have had problems with freezing wash fluid nozzles too I have found the trick is to use them often. What seems to happen is snow melt or rain or water from car washes runs down the tubes and freezes. A little bit of heat on the nozzzles and you are back in business.

I just run them for a second after I wash my MO and they work.

A back flow check valve on the line would probably help by keeping fluid up at the nozzles.

Anyone know if you can buy heated nozzles?
I have a cheaper solution - I buy washer fluid that does not freeze until 30 below, and is also a deicer. So even if the nozzles are blocked with snow the fluid cuts through it. Give it a shot, it might work for you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
0 degree solution

I too bought and use the 0 degree winshield fluid and im still haing the issue, i dont hear a buzzing noise from the motor though so maybe the motor went tits up or the car is so sound proof i cant hear it. You must admit this car is pretty darn sound proof, i have been in no other rig that is quiet as ours. =)

·
Registered
136 Posts
You must admit this car is pretty darn sound proof

My adult sons call the MO the Capsule -- they say you can't feel the road or hear the outside world. Add a little Smooth Jazz on the Boze and they say it is another world.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Eric L.

In Edmonton Alberta do you think I would use summer fluid in winter? I use only -45 rated washer fluid but if it backs down the tubes and snow melt or car wash water enters the nozzles they still freeze.

We know about cold up here! Dosn't make us any smarter though! I am particpating in a Polar bear jump on Sunday to raise money for our Air Ambulance Organization S.T.A.R.S. they run choppers as trauma ambulances.

Forcast for Sunday is
Chance of flurries
Low -2°F
High 3°F
POP 60 %

not bad but not comfy either.

How do I get myself in to these things? 5Th year in a row for me I should know better.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
I noticed the same here, today.

11 degrees this morning. The washers won't work all the way to work (45 minute drive). :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: no whrrrrr

floaty98 said:
... I know that there is no heated wiper model, i think my college degree did me a little better than that.
Actually there are models out now that have what they call a heated wiper option. For example the Toyota Highlander has a heating element along the bottom of the windshield where the wipers rest when not in use. The element generates enough heat to first free up wipers frozen to the windshield and second prevent them from freezing during use. Handy little option...Nissan should put it on the 05.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i noticed the other day that my windshield wipers weren't working when i needed them most. curses. when i checked the resevoir, i noticed that there were indeed ice chunks in there. i figured that it froze, since it wasn't coming out the rear either. this afternoon when it when up to a crispy 33 degrees, it seemed to work fine.
i'm going to try the de-icer wiper fluid. when i was in school at buffalo, i never ran into this problem, and it might be b/c of the wiper fluid. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Had the same problem on m '04.....tried to add -30 degrees fluid into the reservoir but nothing happened. I had to bring it in to the dealer so thet could warm it, blow it or whatever. Works fine now. It seems that when the car was built they filled it with regular fluid, I'm gonna drain that crap and put the good stuff in (-30 deg. with de-icer). War with mother nature is brutal...can't go to war with a water pistol! :11:

'04 Black on Black with all the goodies:6:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts