Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ah, winter is upon us. We're having our first snowfall in Jersey and although it isn't as huge as they first expected, it is making an impact. I had the fortunate experience of being behind a salter/sander today who decided to turn his spreader on just as I was passing him. Thanks, pal. You probably wreaked havoc on my otherwise great paint job. And then, pulling into work, I had a lovely out of control experience as I slid while taking a turn. Thankfully I didn't slam into the curb or another car...

Any wintery experiences from you guys? Any suggestions for winterizing the MO?

God I hope that sander didn't do anything to me... I shouldn't have passed him... :( :3:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Here in VA, had about 4 inches of snow, this morning had a ride like a tank, solid, right on the track. No slips or slides. Dont even think ABS or VDC had to act.

Do you have VDC, no, you are DOOOMED :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the VDC on my MO, but how do i know it is working? Will i feel it or is it something I dont have to worry about?

I have driven in very heavy rain, and it was not a problem. many other vehicles on the road were not able to maintain speed, but it was no problem for the MO :)

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
If VDC engages, a light will flash on the dash. I think it says "SLIP".

I too have passed lots of vehicles that after I pass them I think, why the hell did I just do that? :confused: And then I remind myself, because I am part of this society that is fast and furious, impatient and demands instant gratification. The thought of slowing down or pulling off to the side and waiting a few minutes never occurs to me, until after the fact. LOL Just part of our rush rush lifestyle I guess. A tradeoff we unconsciously make. A few paint chips for that extra second or two getting to Wal Mart.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have the VDC... I didn't see "slip" come on, but this condition might have not called for it. I did feel the ABS kick in. I didn't slide far, but it was enough. Thankfully I didn't smack into anything...

I'm sure if I didn't have all this cool stuff, I would have slid right into the curb. Whamo! So I'm hella glad for that.

All the wet roads going to work.. NO problem. But when I turn into our parking lot.. unsalted, sanded/cindered and unplowed.. oy..

·
Who needs titles?
23 Posts
can't wait for the drive home tonight in the snow. Maybe get some use out of the AWD!

As for the VDC, I have had the SLIP light come on once. I went pretty fast over some railroad tracks and might of caught a slight bit of air. As soon as the wheels spun,the gas pedal stopped working until the light went off (less than 3 sec.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts