Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just took delivery of a Murano SV AWD (three weeks ago). I want to put snows on it. The tires on it now are P235/65R 18.

A few questions:

1. What size can I drop down to safely?

2. Any suggestions on a good winter tire with great grip but great wear?

3. I want to keep my all seasons (Continentical's came with the vehicle) on the fancy rims so need stock rims. What size?

I am new to all this so this is a info gathering phase for me - before the snow actually arrives.

Any help would be appreciated by this newbie.

Thanks! :1zhelp::

·
Registered
134 Posts
1. P235/70R17. Looked it up at TireRack.

2. I personally love Continental ExtremeWinter, used them in the past on my Coupe and I love them but not sure if they're available for our Cross Over. My father has Bridgestone Blizzak for his Rogue, they're great as well and my third pick if it's available is Toyo Observe GSI-5.

Not a fan Michelin IMO overpriced.

3. Use TireRack or talk to you local Dealer or Tire Shop.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx

Thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
Also keep in mind if you still want to use TPMS - you'll have to order a new set. If you will find some - please let us know as so far I was unsuccessful in locating suitable TPMS set for our 2015 Murano. I mean aftermarket ones - since dealer wants an arm and a leg for a OEM set.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Boomers Murano, I just installed a set of Michelin Lattitude X-Ice X12 snow tires on my '12 MO. All I can say is WOW!! Excellent snow & ice traction while very smooth & quiet on the dry pavement! Overall, I am very impressed and with our harsh winters in Alberta, these tires are the bomb! Have a look at them here:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Latitude+X-Ice+Xi2&partnum=365TR8LXI2&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Nissan&autoYear=2012&autoModel=Murano AWD&autoModClar=LE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts