Nissan Murano Forum banner

Winter wheels

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  thecanuck 
#1 ·
Any mechanically inclined types have any idea if there are 16x8 (or 16x7.5) "winter wheels" available for the MO? Two reasons:

1. I'm sure we're all familiar with the difficulties in finding tires in our size;

2. I've had two different tire dealers tell me differently -- one says yes, the other says no.

I've got a set of Michelin Arctic Alpin 4x4's that I took off my Pathfinder last Feb when I traded it on the MO. The Michelins only had 2/3 of a winter on them and much to my surprise, the size (255/65R16) is ALMOST identical to the rolling height of the MO's Goodyears (crap). So, if I can save myself mucho $$ on yet another set of snow tires, all the better.

#3 ·
Thanx for the info Pat. I knew I'd be running a little slower compared to speedo due to the size diff in the tires, but I've never known how to figure out just how much. I follow the 3% of 60 thing, but how'd you come up with the 3%? Is it just straight math or is there some "special" formula?

The local Nissan dealer managed to find me some 16" rims that are going to work perfect.

#6 ·
Well, I was in to the dealer on Saturday. He had received the 16" winter wheels and did a test fit on a MO sitting on the lot. The wheel initially barely cleared the rotor but slight contact was made when they spun it. Given that, and wheel flex in the real world, he rightfully told me "no go." The smallest we can do is 17" in order to clear the rotors -- DavidG, you're right.

Terrific, now I'm back to being stuck with my Alpins sitting in the basement :mad: and having to spend mucho $$ on some new winter rubber. Guess I'll check that thread, wherever it was, talking about the Nokian 255/60R18.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.