Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a tough time finding a driver side winter wiper for my MO. Apparently it's a 26" blade and it isn't made in the winter style. Is it really that big ( I suppose I can go out and measure it :D )

Anyone have any success finding anything that will work - Lappens and Autozone suggested I use a 24" which is the largest they make, but all outta stock :(

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I now that I don't know what a winter wiper blade is, please enlighten me, Different shape? Rubber Compound? What?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Winter blades just have a protective rubber boot over the arms of the wiper, so that the snow/ice won't freeze and prevent the blade from pressing up against the windshield..

I ended up getting a 24" snow blade tht basically is 1/2" shorter at the ends.. I did find a premium "teflon" 26" snow blade that was $20!!! a little too pricey but I guess that is the one :D

·
5,100 Posts
Thank You, Neat to learn something new everyday!!!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Here is a picture of one Gripper... I never found much use for them but then again I use rain-x and very really use my wippers.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was suprised when looking for winter blades to find the best deal at the Nissan dealer. They sell you a 24" and a 18" packaged in Nissan parts boxes. I have been using them for a couple of weeks and am pleased with the performance.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I've found that regargless of the price I always use the OEM wipper blades.

1. They fit into the existin OEM wiper assembly which IMHO looks better than any after market item... usually has a smaller profile

2. I find the OEM refills just simply last longer and clear the window better.

·
5,268 Posts
Funny you said it, Gonzo. In my previous vehicles I tried many different refills and really no one worked better than OEM. I think we have this fixation that OEM is inferior.

Wonder who created this myth....

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've never thought OEM parts to be inferior in quality...just way over priced....are Nissan parts different?....hhmmmm..

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I've found that only some items are over priced.... some have actually been priced fairly.

Speaking of part prices. My dealer sent me a 25% off parts coupon (I smell XM Reciever!) but it expired. So I called and asked if they would still honor it. The parts person said no problem... heck you can get a 25% discount anytime!

Wow.... 25% not too bad. Soooo if anyone needs a new part just let me know and I'll pick it up. The 25% savings will just about cover your shipping cost. :p

I test out the statement next week when I pick up an air and cabin filter. Its just been so cold here I'm not motivated to work on the MO. Gripper... this morning 1°F.....

·
5,100 Posts
OW! And II don't want to get up until 9:00AM so I can go out and play after it nice and warm. The pool is 85F and thats not overly warm for us old folks. (Grippee says never to tell her age) :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Grip, I'm sure the desert is nice, but snow and 4 seasons are what get my blood going! We've been getting snow for 5 straight days and projected high tomorrow is about 5F. I love the MO in the snow and it tows my snowmobile trailer great. Going up to the mountains for 3 days next week of long distance riding on the sled!

·
5,100 Posts
Sounds like fun, it's nice to go visit, We drive up to Flagstaff and the Snow bowel region every once in a while. Lots of snow, skiing etc. However I do like it when we can come back and not have to do any shoveling.

http://www.onthesnow.com/AZ/21/

·
Registered
309 Posts
Anyone hear about or use the new Trico Innovision wiper blades? I would like to hear your thoughts.

I saw it for the first time at Pepboys. It appears to be a good all-seaon wiper blade. Because of it's design, it doesn't look like it should have a problem in snow.

Here's a marketing PR from Trico:
TRICO Provides Next Generation Wiper Technology With New Innovision™ Blade

(Brownsville, Texas) – Trico Products introduces a new “premier” category of wiper blades to the Aftermarket with the launch of its new Innovision™ blade line.

“Having shaped the wiper blade industry for the last ten decades, TRICO is now re-shaping it with the launch of Innovision,” said James Croston, Director of Marketing for Trico Products. “Beam blades” are already being seen on a growing number of new vehicles and are expected to become the standard for Original Equipment in the near future. Innovision is the next generation of wiper technology available today from TRICO.”

The Innovision wiper blade has a jointless structure, with only three main components (a laser cut spring steel beam, rubber wiping element, and coupler) to maximize durability and enable highly efficient operation. Considered to be the “design of the future,” Innovision blades are uniquely engineered to provide a conformed wrap to today’s highly curved windshields.

TRICO’s new Innovision blade has a sleek, simplified profile that resists snow and ice clogging, reduces windlift at higher speeds (up to 115 mph), and facilitates quieter operation. It includes a pre-assembled connector for easy installation on the most popular vehicle arm types, right out of the package.

Available in lengths ranging from 16 to 24 inches, Innovision blades fit the vast majority of vehicles on the road today. It is attractively packaged in a domed clamshell with attention-getting gold foil print.

For more information on the Innovision line or any of the TRICO product lines, please contact: Trico Products, 1900 Billy Mitchell Blvd., Brownsville, Texas 78521, phone: 800-388-7426 or visit www.tricoproducts.com.

Attachments

·
5,100 Posts
It nice looking

I'll see if I can get one for the Mo and try it out, If it works I'll let you know, I would like it just for the looks, No snow problem here and If there was I would drive this.

Attachments

·
5,100 Posts
Just got off the phone with them.. part number for the MO are Driver side 14-190 and Passenger side 14-240. Not available online but they have them at my local store. $13 each :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
GripperDon said:
Just got off the phone with them.. part number for the MO are Driver side 14-240 and Passenger side 14-240. Not available online but they have them at my local store. $13 each :D
Grip - Is that right, they're the same size? I agree, they do look nice. Let us know how you like them... I'm seriously thinking of getting them myself.

BTW That pick-up would be perfect to handle the snow. There's platny of traction with that size tire..... plus no one would think of passing me in my neighborhood, of course it would be a squeeze to fit in my driveway. :D

·
5,100 Posts
I can't vouch for size, only that TRICO looked up Mo same for all 3 years and gave me the part numbers for each side and called Pep Boys and they have them. No guarantees in life except death and taxes. :D I am available @ $200/hr. as a personal shopper however.:2:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts