Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well if you live in the snow belt I'm sure you've experianced wiper blade freeze up. They freeze up with ice and because they sit so low on the windsheild they don't thaw.

So I was at a local car show yesterday looking at an 06 Murano and noticed the wiper blades were covered in rubber. The salesmen told me they were new for 06 and were called winter blades which resist freeze up.

So I went to my local Nissan dealer today to buy a pair. First they wern't sure they would fit my 04......well they do and they have an offset built into them so they sit higher on the windsheild, closer to the defrost vent.

Just thought I'd pass this along as this was a real problem on icy snowy days.

Part numbers 28890-CC00B (drivers side) & 28890-CC001B

·
Registered
781 Posts
The problem I've heard with these is air doesn't flow through them so at highway speeds - they lift.

I have them on the 4runner and it doesn't reach the supersonic speeds that are attainable in the Murano. Plus, it only sees speeds below 50 because of the commute....

But - I haven't had a problem with them freezing up.

·
Registered
842 Posts
If you do a search for wiper blades , you will find lots of interesting info that has been collected by lots of readers fo this forum. Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts