Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an '07 MO with 42,000 miles. So far its a pretty nice car. Only problem I've had is the flange on the exhaust pipe aft of the resonator to the muffler rusted out. I welded in a sleeve as the rest of the exhaust system appears solid. I've notice the passenger side wiper arm has very little clearance between it and the hood. I'm guessing this is going to be fun to try to clear snow/ice from?

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
I recently purchased an '07 MO with 42,000 miles. So far its a pretty nice car. Only problem I've had is the flange on the exhaust pipe aft of the resonator to the muffler rusted out. I welded in a sleeve as the rest of the exhaust system appears solid.
Keep an eye on that exhaust sleeve you installed. Murano's come with a S/S exhaust system, except they cheap out at the flanges, regular steel, which is the first to go. If you've used a normal steel exhaust pipe, you can expect that piece to rust out within two years where that's any kind of salt on the road.

Mixing steel to S/S, the steel will always rust out first, and at 3 to 4 times the speed of steel by itself. Not much metal thickness in a standard exhaust pipe.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is Muffler really stainless steel? I always thought it's just aluminized steel like most from 3rd party. Anyway, the flange on mine rusted out at least 5 year ago and I did the similar repair. The muffler is still good as new after 15 years/150k miles.

Regarding the wipers, yes, the clearance is low. And the Murano is the only car I own or owned, whose wipers cannot be lifted out (to facilitate easier cleaning of snow).

·
Registered
166 Posts
You can probably expect to replace that patch again someday. I've repaired that broken flange with a band clamp about three times in 200k miles. It's definitely a weak point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts